BEATING HEART

He would wake me up as soon as he did, we would go to the bathroom together, he taking a shower and me taking a bath. It was weird to think that a man like Mr Rosewood actually took a shit. It was shocking really and I don't even want to think about the several fights we had the following day. I knew I was invading his privacy but who cared, well he did. I was never in a room alone. I had fought so hard as he had tried prying me from his body, telling me he had to work, work my ass, couldn't he see that I needed him? I held on for dear life like a stubborn child, his men trying to pry me away but failing as I kicked and screamed with my one leg.

I went everywhere he did. We had ended up making a deal that when he went to the toilet I would stand outside and he would talk to me to assure me that he was still there and I would count down from three minutes for him to finish. My shyness was a thing of the past yet I still turned red seeing him naked in front of me. Even though he had mentioned so many times that he had killed Thomas that night before he could shoot me yet my fear seemed not to leave me.

I watched him tie up his fancy shoes, he sitting on the edge of the bed which I had made as he had took his time dressing while I had only took two minutes. It was still dark outside, five o'clock in the morning to be exact, him having to go to a trip of some sort. He straightened up as I stood up quickly, fixing his tie. He looked dashing in the dark suit and I kept having these wicked thoughts where I had to remind myself over and over again that he was the enemy but even that was not working anymore because he kept doing things like he did now that left me perplexed and angry at myself.

His arm had wrapped around my waist, bringing me to his chest as if I was the most precious thing in his life. My eyes closed, my body so used to him I missed his touch every time he was not around.

"Let's go," He said as he walked, not letting go of me. We walked out, going for the elevator, down and about until we stood in front of another door which he opened for me as I slipped in, my heat aching from seeing grandma in so many wires, fighting for her life. I knew it ate away at him, knew it bothered him more than he let on.

We walked to the large bed where he turned me around, giving me one last hug before letting go as I went climbing in the bed, giving grandma a hug sure not to disturb the wires. He stood there, watching us, his face betraying him with his legs carrying him to his grandma where he placed a kiss on her forehead before turning to leave.

"Good luck," I said, causing him to turn around, a smirk in face as I waved at him. The door was closed behind him when he walked out, leaving me to snuggle deeper in bed sleep claiming me soon. The day was spent with me giving grandma a sponge bath, doing her hair and telling her all about her grandson. The doctors had said talking to her helped and so I would do that, this room being the only other room I felt safe not even knowing why. I had spent too many days here when he had to go for trips never leaving until he came back so he always made sure to come back before midnight, fetching me to our room.

It was well past ten and I sat by the chair, staring at the door, the beep of the monitor chasing away the heavy silence in the room that seemed to weigh on me. My eyes flickered back to the bed, watching her chest rise and fall. It pained me more than it should have watching her there, my heart was breaking and I knew I had got too emotionally involved. I could not help to think how she would take when they arrest Mr Rosewood. She surely would not be able to handle it. My heart was torn not knowing what to do, my shoulders heavy, so heavy.

The time ticked on and I finally walk-dragged back to bed, slipping in. I didn't want to sleep, wanted to wait but sleep waited for no one as it claimed me deep in its dark pit where the monsters were.

I stared from sleep, hands gripping me tightly, my body going on panic mood, it fighting off as my eyes shot open. I was scooped up, my body in strong arms, my eyes taking in his face in the darkness sighing when I saw that it was indeed him, still in his suit looking tired and drained.

"Hi," I said, my hands rubbing on my eyes.

"Hi," He said back, whisking me away from the room as he walked through the halls, my body nicely tucked in his chest as if it was just made for me. We walked in silence before he spoke.

"How is she?"

"She is okay, she will make it through Mr Rosewood, she is strong." I said, knowing he loved her deeply, knowing it killed him to see her in such a state.

The door to our bedroom flung open as we walked in, him walking to the bathroom, knowing the procedure pretty well. He placed me on the toilet seat as I sat, getting comfortable, him walking over to the shower and turning the water on then discarding his clothes.

My hands were covering my eyes, trying not to look but a voice inside me kept whispering that I should peak, just a little peak. I was too nervous to do so, my heart drumming in my throat, my palms sweaty while the bathroom got misty. I finally heard the door of the shower close, a breath I did not know I held escaping me, my hands slipping from my face with the sound of water all that being heard. My mind could not stop thinking of how he was naked in there, of how the water slid down his silky skin. I shook my head over and over wanting to chase the dirty thoughts away, wanting not to even see him in such a way. He hurt me, hurt me pretty good, I had to remind myself, the pain still making my heart ache on how to tore me apart only to throw me out.

How stupid and brainless could I be to fall for such a man, a man that had done such awful things to me? I felt my tears creep up my eyes, my body shaking as I held my hand. It felt as if my life was one of constant pain and darkness. I sat there, head bent down, trying so hard not to cry while playing with my fingers. I felt so broken, so scared and so alone. The door opened, a towel grabbed from the rack, his long arms stretching out. He came out a minute later dry with the towel wrapped around his waist.

I stood up, my head bent down, limping and dragging my cast leg around the room until I was next to him as he finished brushing his teeth. His arm went around my waist, holding on as we made our way to the bedroom, him pulling on some sweat pants and slipping in bed. His bare chest was my new favourite thing in the whole wide world. I lay my head, everything seeming better and brighter as he held me tighter. Did he care? Did he actually care? I did not know, did not know if I wanted him to care or not. My feelings suddenly something I could not understand making it clearer that I had to get out before it was too late.

We slept in each other's arms, holding on as if we were each other's reason to live, our bodies fitting into each other like a glove as if meant for each other. The warmth from his body made me nearly groan in pleasure, this being one of the best things to experience in life, my eyes drifting close to the sound of his beating heart.