Chapter 28

Karen's Point of View

"Don't worry sweetie this won't hurt at all." Sam said to me twirling a knife in his fingers. "I'm not fighting back." I said my head hung low. "Well wheres the fun in that?" he chuckled. "You know you're just such a beautiful girl." I sat there not saying anything. "Come on I just wanted to talk." he said pulling a chair up next to the one I was tied to. "I still have the artwork you did when we were engaged." Sam smiled. I just sat there. "Come on K." he nudged me. I sat there not saying anything.

"K?" he asked I looked up at him. "Do you love Mike?" I nodded. "Well I guess I should-" I heard someone knocking on the door. "I'll be back." Sam grinned and walked over to the front door. I heard yelling. I went back to staring at the spot on the floor. "Karen Perry?" I looked up and saw a police officer. "Hi." I responded. He got down on his knees and started untying my arms and legs from the chair. "Thank you." I said to him. "No problem. Do you want a blanket?" he asked me. I shook my head "I want the Thrasher hoodie from the coat rack." he nodded and went to get the hoodie. "Here ya go." I took the hoodie and pulled it on over my head. It still smelled like Mike and it cover my underwear and bra nicely. I walked out of the house with two cops. I saw a cop cuffing Sam. "I was gonna let her go." Sam yelled.

I got in the cop car with the cops and they drove me to the hospital. At least i'm one step closer to being with Mike again.

~Later~

I got out of the shower and stared at my reflection in the mirror. I had bruises on my sides and on my thighs. I swallowed and pulled up my underwear and clipped on a fresh bra. I was picking Mike up from the airport today and I was a little scared. I walked into the bedroom and grabbed a pair of lacy black tights and light wash high waisted shorts and a black knit sweater. I pulled on a pair of black Doc Martens, I looked at my reflection. I saw an ugly awkward girl... I felt tears coming up to my eyes, I quickly blinked them away and sat down at my vanity. I applied a layer of foundation and a lot of concealer under my eyes to make myself look slightly less tired. I sighed and applied a thin line of eyeliner winging it out on the end. I applied a few coats of mascara before filling in my eyebrows. I applied some lip balm and them a coat of light pink lip gloss. I pulled my hair out of the messy bun it was in and brushed through it. It was a wavy curly mess but it worked more or less. I exited the bedroom and grabbed my wristlet thingy and my keys. I walked out to my car and drove over to Melinda and Tony's.

"Karen are you sure you're okay?" Melinda asked me for the millionth time. No. "Yea Mel i'm fine." I lied shooting her a fake smile she couldn't see through. She smiled back at me, I sat down on the couch and Ryker plopped down next to me. Vic finally told her the truth about who he was and she agreed to not leave him forever. I liked her. Melinda still wasn't talking to Tony and Shelby's jaw is back to normal. I made them swear not to tell the guys what happened. I played with the engagement ring on my finger...

"Karen?" I looked up and saw Melinda standing in front of me. "Hey." I smiled. "You're not okay...Mike's gonna know somethings wrong."