Chapter 35. The Date

"That was great." Leah said smiling and she walked over to me.

"Thanks" I replied smiling back at her. There were still butteflies in my stomach and I still felt jittery as I walked down the steps of the stage. I couldnt help but feel so much more than it seemed on the stage when I acted with Lyndon. I had almost freaking kissed him! It was all for show Melody, its just a play.Said an annoying voice in my head.

"Hey, great job." Jesse said softly holding my arm, smiling and breaking me away from my thoughts. My face heated up and I glanced at him nervously, worried he would be mad at what he saw.

"Really?" I asked nibbling my lip.

"Yeah, you're a great actor. " I cleared my throat and smiled back at him. Yeah, acting thats all it was.

"The set looks amazing as well Leah." He said, truning to Leah now. She blushed and looked down.

"Thanks" She muttered. Jesse looked at her for a while, leaving us in a awkward silence. I cleared my throat.

"She spent alot of time on it, it really is incredible." I agreed with Jesse, she nudged my arm causing me to laugh at her bashfulness.

"Really is." Jesse said softly. He then turned to me and gave me his wide, million dollar smile.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I squinted my eyes in confusion as he wrapped his hand around mine.

"Where are we going?" I asked he looked back at me as he lead me out the large double doors.

"Im taking you on a date." He said winking at me. A small smile crept on my face as he he pulled me out.

~

"Where to?" I asked him as he pulled on his seat belt and I settled into my seat.

"Its a surprise." He stated,reversing his truck out of the parking space.I rolled my eyes and pouted in my seat.As we drove down the road I began getting nervous. I fisted my cold hands and looked out of the window. The radio was softly humming as we drove.

It had been pretty long since Jesse and I were alone together. We sat outside together and would hang out a lot but it was usually only a short time we were alone until someone came and joined us. Plus the time we were alone consisted of a lot of kissing. I looked at Jesse who was drumming his fingers on the driving wheel and stared in front of him. Memories of the time he first talked to me outside when I was mad at Lyndon came rushing back. It seemed to me half my summer I was mad at Lyndon and I was hanging out with him.

He glanced at me and looked back at the road.

"What are you thinking about beautiful?" He asked. My face heated at his compliment.

"Just how its been pretty long since we had some time alone." I said, sitting back in my leather seat. He blew out a breath and sat back in his seat as well as we stopped at a red light.

"That was almost about a month and a half ago." Jesse said. I raised my eyebrows in surprise.

"Wow. Already?" I asked. I realized that the summer was flying by so quickly. So many good things happened. I smiled in contentment. Tonight will only be about me. I wasn't going to think of anyone except Jesse and I because it was our night.

I put my hand on top of Jesse's that was placed on top of the gear shift.

~

"We're almost there." Jesse said. I nodded and sighed. The drive there took half an hour. It was okay though because I learned alot about Jesse. Like his favorite colour is blue, he had a motorcycle obsession phase once, he loved barney when he was little and he liked to watch soccer.