Chapter 22. The King and Queen of Yogurt.

>>> NOT EDITED (sorry really don't have the time. :()

Chapter 22. The king and Queen of Yogurt. (I don't know, thought it would fit :'))

Melody's POV

I got out of Jesse's car and rushed inside the yogurt shop. I opened the back door and swiped my card, sighing in relief as the time showed that I had arrived on time. I put on my apron around my waits and tied my hair up before I put my hat on. I luckily had enough time to change so I didin't have to worry about not being in uniform,

I leaned against the counter as the bell on the door dinged and Jesse walked in. I gave him a warm smile.

"Since you dropped me here, your yogurt is on the house." He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Really?" I nodded at him , smiling widely. He shrugged and picked up a container, swirling the yogurt inside and sprinkling toppings on top. I watched as his muscles in his forearm tensed as he effortlessly pushed down the levers.

He put his yogurt on the weighing machine and I swiped my card. He smiled at me and jangled his keys in his hands.

"Well gotta go. See ya!" He said. He pecked my lips and walked out of the store. I sighed and looked around for something to do. I took out a rag and began wiping down the tables. People usually start coming in around afternoon and it was still pretty early.

I mopped the floors and straightened chairs to keep myself busy. As I finished restocking the flavours the door dinged, indicating someone has walked in.

"Welcome to-" I stopped mid sentence as a familiar friendly pair of eyes met mine. A huge smile spread across his face and he strolled towards me.

"Roy!" He pulled me into an embrace. It surprised me at first but soon I hugged him back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as we pulled away. He ran a hand through his hair as he shrugged.

"I came up here to visit some family. What about you?"

"I'm going to acting school here. Remember the one I told you about?" I replied. He sighed and wiped his forehead.

"Phew, thought that was and excuse for you to not go on another date with me." I blushed and shook my head as I walked and stood behind the counter.

"Nope, it wasn't" I said. He began pulling levers and toppings into his cup and soon sat it in front of me.

"So you work here." I nodded my head as I punched some buttons on the cash register.

"Yeup." I smiled up at his as he studied my face. He gave me the money and I returned his change, as well as giving him a spoon.

"So listen. I'm here for a week and I was thinking, maybe we you could take me up on that offer of a date." My face heated up and I looked down at the cash register, cursing the hygiene rules of putting your hair up. I shifted my weight between both of my feet nervously

"Uhm..Yeah about that...I uh. I uh- sorta have a boyfriend now." I looked up at him, biting my lip anxiously. His face fell at my confession.

"oh." Was all he said I nodded and looked everywhere but him. Soon he smiled again and shrugged.

"Well I guess no one can stay away. Does the lucky bastard who was able to snatch you up, treat you right." I thought for a moment and then smiled and nodded at him.

"Yeah he does."

"Good. Still though, lets hang out. As friends?" I smiled and nodded at him, grateful that there were no hard feelings. Roy seemed like he would be a great friend. Damn look at you becoming all popular Melody. Hey, the sun can do things to people.