Chapter 12. The prideful vs The stubborn

 Melody's POV

"Hey baby," I said as I rolled my eyes at the man who put his arms on either side of the wall as my back was pressed against him.

"What do you want?" I came off confident but I was actually terrified that he would try and kiss me or something.

"You. You're new here right? let’s hang out sometime," he winked at me. I pushed his chest and walked past him.

"No thanks."

/

That was the first of many flashbacks of guys getting close to me and trying to get something. None of those times did my heart beat erratically like this and my knees shook as much as they did now.

Lyndon was taking slow agonizing foot steps towards me. If this was a horror movie, I would be screaming at the tv screen for the girl to punch the guy and run for it. of course, in every horror movie the girl is stupid and stays, just like I did at this moment. I knew if I moved I would fall on my face because I was clumsy. I looked to the ground, my cheeks heating up. I was thankful that I applied some makeup on before I left the bathroom, but it was not as much makeup as usual.

Put me being naked and having no makeup together and I felt as if I was a sheep that had its wool stripped off.

I suddenly could see Lyndon's sneakers standing beside me. I looked to the side, to see his smirking face.

"All I was going to do was come by and give you something. Didn't need to get all dressed up for it, sweetheart." I took in a deep breathe to stop my breath and hands from shaking.

"Look, why don't you just hand me your phone so I can call Leah to open the door and then we can turn around and pretend nothing happened." Lyndon grinned at me, shoving his hands in his pocket.

"Now, why would I do that if I have your ticket through the door right here." he pulled something shiny out of his pocket and I swear my luck had turned around.

"My key! How did you find it?" I reached towards it but he pulled it away. Nevermind my luck was the same.

"You dropped it that night we were talking. I finally decided to come and give it now and boy, do I have good timing." his eyes raked down my body, angling himself to look at my butt, so I took a step back.

"Well give it to me then," I breathed, as his eyes finally reached mine, his famous smirk plastered on his face.

"Now why would I do that, when you’re obviously bothered that I have it, and you will be going nuts knowing I have something to use against you." My eyes grew wide.

"Lyndon give it back," I sighed, jumping a few times for the key.

"You know. the more you jump the more you give me to see,” he said wiggling his eyebrows. I jumped back down frustrated,  turning my back to him. I could hear him laughing behind me, as the laughing abruptly stopped. Then, his strong hand grabbed my shoulders and spun me around.

Lyndon and I were way too close, which caused me to jerk back. Of course, the damn door just had to come in my way. He leaned towards me again, his warm hand placed on the small of my back. I looked down from his minty breath blowing on my face. I had my hair covering my face so he would not be able to see my imperfections. He took his other hand, gingerly placing it under my chin and lifted my head towards him. Green eyes staring right into mine.

"You know, you’re a lot hotter than I first thought you were,” his breath was fanning on my face, making my heart skip a beat.

"What are y-you talking about." he smiled at me, leaning a hand on one side of the wall, while the other was still placed on my back. I gulped, turning my head just before our cheeks could touch. He took this as an opportunity to nuzzle his head in my neck, his lips hovering over my collarbone.