Chapter 16. And We All Go Marching Down

Hope you all enjoy this one. I really do read all your comments and appreciate every one! I put alot of work into this book and love when I get feed back. I try to reply to the ones i can and for my dedicated readers I try to message you personally. Thank you for voting as well! Im gaining 100 reads each week and its amazing! Thank you all for your support. My next update will probably be at 500 reads since my laptop is broken but I promise ill get you a double update at half of a thousand reads! :)

This may not be as crazy and filled as the last chapter but I dont wat a few chapters to a have alot going on and then the others being dead.

It has been a crazy week for me and I was really tired while writing this so it may not even make sense but bear with me please :)

Enjoy:)

Chapter 16

Lyndon's POV

Melody looked right at me. Her eyes were blazing, her beautiful face was contorted into a painful expression. I didin't mean for what happened to have gone so far but it did. That dosen't explain why Melody is so upset with me.

I wish I knew what she was thinking. Sure Melody was angry at me before but never this angry. She seemed almost dissapointed and it was killing me not knowing why. I felt heavy inside. I hated the way Melody was angry at me.

Sure she ended up being a lying bitch but this moment. It finally seemed like Melody was showing her real side. I dont mean real side as in her lying, conceited side. I mean that she is showing some sort of emotion to me other then glaring and pretending to be strong. Thats it. I thought to myself. Her strong exterior has finally gotten a dent in it. What scared me the most was that I was the one to do it. I dont know why it hurt me so much seeing her like this because I should be the one yelling at her, but it hurt. It was like a bubble in my stomach, no matter how much I twist and turn, it wont pop

At this point everything about Melody was unpredictable. My point was proven with the next words that came out of her mouth.

"Maybe I did actually trust you Lyndon. Maybe a little too much.I let my gaurd down for the wrong person." With that she composed herself standing up straighter in her black dress that was matching my mood. She said the words looking me straight in the eyes and I felt my stomach drop and my face pale as millions of regrets came washing over me.She wiped away her cheek and pushed back the fly aways managing to occur in the chaos

"I-Mel" I was having a hard time stringing a sentence. I was drawing a blank. For the first time I didin't have a witty comeback. She caught me when I was vulnerable once again. Only she can. She turned and walked away calling for Alli to start the car, leaving me alone with my thoughts. The first time this whole summer I was left alone in a dark room filled with monsters lurking around.

"Fuck!" I yealled slamming Connor's car door as I climbed in the seat. I rested my warm head against the cool steering wheel. It was inviting, helping to clear my thoughts. I sat there breathing deeply as I thought through everything that had happen. When I found out she trusted me I felt everything crash around me. Secretly I was a bit happy she did not trust me. I didn't have that pressure on me anymore and I couldn't disappoint her again. At the same time I was willing to work for her trust. To be honest I was beggining to trust her. It wouldn't be surprising if I told her I lived with foster parents.

I knew it was wrong doing that with Clara. Even if Melody had been pretending to be someone she wasn't for so long she didint deserve that. I did not even ask her what her side was. Connor and I just left her the moment things were going down. Just like my mother did to me.

FUCK! She even has me doubting whether what my mother did was wrong or right. She really is something.

I groaned sitting back in my seat rubbing my face. I hear the car door close as the car shifted from someones weight. I didint bother looking up, I knew who it was.