Chapter 11. Bad luck

Chapter 11. Bad Luck

Melody's POV

It was in the time range of when the cafeteria was serving lunch. By now I felt as if I was going to faint if I didn't eat anything any longer. I walked into the cafeteria. No many people were there since dinner was served for three hours straight. I picked up a sandwich, frappachino and a banana from the trays and gave them my free meal ticket. Once I was done I went outside and sat on the green grass. I had brought my laptop with me just so I could finally relax and have some time to myself.

I opened up my emails on my laptop. I have about 10 unread emails but only one caught my attention.

From: Clara

Melody, Please tell me where you are. I really need to talk to you. I want us to be okay. I want you to forgive me.

I sighed and pulled my still damp ponytail to my shoulder. I was debating whether or not to reply but I decided to do it. I didn't need this email nagging at me from the corner of my mind.

To: Clara

There's nothing to talk about.

I closed my laptop and began eating. When I was done my sandwich the sun was going to set. I finished the sandwich quickly because I was starving the whole day since the asshole dropped my food on me. The poor kids in Africa have no food and there he is using it as a weapon. My poor food used as a weapon! I growled to myself thinking back on what he had done. He really did want me to loath him. How could sweet Connor be friends with this guy. It just didn't make sense.

I was broke out of my thoughts when a figure sat down beside me.

"What are you thinking about so deeply?" I smiled at Jesse, thinking about the ugly face I make whenever I am concentrating on something.

"Just some stuff." He looked at me and gave me a small smile.

"Care to elaborate." I just stared at him for a while before I took breath in and explained.

"That jerk, Lyndon, spilled my lunch all over my favorite white shirt today on purpose!"

"Woah that's a douche move." I nodded my head frantically. Happy that he understood my pain.

"The worst part is he did it in front of the whole cafeteria! They were all staring at me." Jesse raised his eyebrow at me.

"I understand it's embarrassing to have the whole cafeteria see something like that, but I cant help but notice that you seem to not like to have people look at you at all." I looked down and played with my fingers before responding to him.

"Yeah, I guess I don't."

"Why's that." I looked up and he was staring right at me causing me to look back down.

"I don't know. I just don't like it when every ones attentions on me. I fell like a have the responsibility of entertaining them."

"But you don't have to entertain them." Jesse's voice was much softer now.

"I know, but I feel like I do and-." I grew red, embarrassed of what I was telling him. I hated having heart-to-heart conversations with people, which is why I wasn't going to have one with Clara. I sighed out knowing I had to continue.

"And- I feel like they can see me. Like they strip away everything and just see me, for me. My every thought, action,expression. You can tell alot about a person just by looking at them. All you have to do is look." I laughed to myself.