Chapter 51

I wake up to sunshine blaring in my window, I groan and scoot back into Christian, feeling every inch of him pressed into me. I look up and groan again as my brother says, "Come on, it's like one in the afternoon."

Christian groans, "So that's what it's like having an older brother?"
"Yes," I mumble.
He sighs, "I take every mean thing I've ever done to Matea back."

I yawn and sit up glaring at my brother, "Why the hell are you so annoying? I haven't even been home for twelve hours and you've barged into my bedroom three times uninvited."
He shrugs, "Sorry, oh by the way I want you to see my house later."

I nod and look over at Christian who has his arm over his eyes, "Why is it so damn bright in here?"
"I opened the curtains."
I glare at my brother and throw my pillow at him, "Get out."

He grins, "I'm making blueberry waffles."
I curl up next to Christian and bury my face in his chest, "Then be a good big brother and make me some."
He grins, "Okay. Hurry up."

The door closes and Christian says, "Let's get in the shower baby girl."
I look up at him, "Hmm you're going to like this shower. It has lots of settings. It's even better than yours."
He smirks, "Hmm maybe I'll have to upgrade. Actually out at the house I have a really nice shower and bedroom. In fact it's the only part that's been renovated."

I frown, "House?"
He nods, "Yeah, in Seattle. It's a huge house overlooking the water. I want to renovate it."
I frown, "You know Avery might be able to help you that if you don't know what you want to do. She wants to be an interior designer."

He looks over at me surprised as I sit up and slide out of bed, "Really? Hmm that makes sense why she and Jude get along then, he's in love with architecture."
I nod, "I didn't know that."

"What did Avery want to do with interior design exactly?"
I shrug, "She wanted to open up her own business."
He nods and says, "You think she'd want my help?"

I look at him a little surprised, "Maybe...because I know she's not going to accept help from her family."
He nods, "Yeah, I can see why after talking to her brother."

I frown, "What did you talk to Adam about?"
He crosses his arms after stretching and says, "How if I fucked up he was coming after you."
I roll my eyes, "Oh please, Adam has no interest in me."

He narrows his eyes, "Emerson, he was looking you up and down like if I left you alone for two minutes he'd have you all to himself."
I roll my eyes and walk over to him, "First of all, you're letting that eye roll slide because you're over reacting, second of all, what makes you think I'd ever do anything with Adam?"

He frowns, "I didn't say-"
I shake my head cutting him off, "You said, 'If I left you alone for two minuts he'd have you all to himself.' What makes you think I'd go for him?"
He sighs and shrugs, "Because you can do better than me."

I shake my head wrapping my arms around his waist, "No, I can't."
He sighs and kisses me, "Yeah baby, you could. You deserve better."

I frown as he pulls away to get his clothes, how would I ever make him realize I really couldn't do better than him?

We're drinking coffee on the back porch when my dad comes outside, "Emma you better be careful, you know how easy you burn."
I frown and Christian taps my nose, "I already told you your nose was pink."

I sigh and lean into his shoulder, "I don't want to move." 
He pulls me closer and kisses the tip of my nose, "When do you want to go see Avery?"
I shrug, "It doesn't matter."

He looks at me doubtfully and traces the circles under my eyes, "Sweetheart, how about you take a nap before we go over there?"
I shake my head, "I won't be able to sleep."