Chapter 1

I gently laid the file on Miss. Rayson's desk, "This was sent down from Mr. Clark's office, they said it needs signed right away."

She looks up and smiles, "Thank you. Did you reschedule my appointment with Mr. Fields?"

I nod, "Yes. Tomorrow for lunch at Del Rays."

She nods and sighs as an email pops up, "What's going on tonight?"

"You have drinks with Donovan tonight, six o'clock sharp at Del Rays."

She nods and looks at her watch, "Finish up your emails and go on home. It's Friday, enjoy it."

I nod, "Thank you Miss. Rayson."

When I'm locking up my file cabinet something is set on my desk, "Run this up to Mr. Clark's secretary before you leave."

"Sure thing."

"See you Monday morning Emerson."

She walks out without another word, taking the elevator downstairs.

As I headed up the stairs to the top floor I realize no one must be upstairs. It was Friday after all, it was five-thirty. No one would still be here on a Friday. Laying the paper on the desk I'm surprised to see Mr. Clark's office light on.

"Is that the Donovan contract?"

Damn, I was really hoping he hadn't heard me, "Yes. Miss. Rayson just signed it."

"Bring it in."

I sigh internally and walk into his office, he looks up at me with his piercing blue eyes, "Thank you. I'm surprised anyone is still here."

I shrug, "I was just finishing up."

He nods looking down at the contract, "I'm sure Grace left early so you could finish up."

I shake my head, "She just left. She had an appointment."

He nods, "Well head home, it's Friday."

I nod and turn to walk out as his secretaries phone rings.

I sigh recognizing the name and pick it up, "Harvey Publishing."

Miss. Sinclair?

"Hello Mr. Hinnick."

Is Grace there?

I sigh, "She isn't here at the moment, plus you called the wrong line again."

Oh, well will she be able to answer her cell phone?

I look up to see Mr. Clark's gaze on me, "No Mr. Hinnick, she's at a business dinner. I'll have her call you back."

He sighs, Very well. I'll be seeing you this evening Miss. Sinclair.

"Of course."

As I set the phone down he says, "You're familiar with Mr. Hinnick?"

I nod uncomfortably, "Yes, he's had several...meetings the last few weeks."

He nods stiffly, "I would assume no more or less."

He turns around and heads into his office without another word.

I'm soaking in a bubble bath smelling of blueberries when my phone rings. I sigh and pick it up, "Hello?"

Hey what are you doing?

"Taking a bubble bath. My feet kill."

I can practically see Avery roll her eyes, Well we're going clubbing. Get dressed I'll be home soon!