Chapter 8

I'm packing up a few things off my desk when I feel arms snake around my waist, "Shouldn't you be gone from this horrid place already?"
I glance back to see Christian, "Well I thought I'd get rid of some of this junk."
He shakes his head, "I'll have someone bring it all upstairs before Monday. Go home and get ready."

"I have to put the keys on Miss. Rayson's desk."
He sighs and watches me head towards her office, he says, "I'll see you later this evening Miss. Sinclair."

He's on the elevator when I come out of the office, I sigh and pick up my purse, causing a small black velvet box to fall to the floor. I frown and pick it up, opening it a small handwritten card falls out.

Dear Emerson,

Consider this a gift for my newest assisstant. Enjoy.

Yours,
Christian Clark

I take a long look at the earrings, they were the perfect compliment to my dress for the evening, and for a black and white themed event. How he had done it, I would never know.

***Christian***

As I watch her walk in my breath is taken away, the lace clung perfectly to her every curve, she had a black lace ribbon around her waist, and with the way her hair was pinned up I noticed right away she was wearing the earrings I had given her.

Someone taps my shoulder and I turn to see Harwell, "She looks simply edible doesn't she?" he asks with a smirk.
I scowl at him, "Stay away from her Will."

He rolls his eyes, "I can't wait for the auction tonight for the ladies. You know she's going to be up there. It's a shame you never take advantage of those. Who knows what people would think if you did."

Actually I always take advantage of those, but normally I purchase a dance with my own sister. I don't like those men oggling her.

I notice my little sister flirting with Channing as he comes in behind Avery and Emerson. I frown at the thought. She notices me and turns to Channing excusing herself, "Hey Christian," she smiles.
I grin and hug my sister, "Hey sis, who was that guy?"
She rolls her eyes, "Just a guy."

I eye her and she sighs, "His name is Channing, we had a date from the last charity event you didn't come to."
I nod and frown at the thought, "Oh."
She smiles, "Oh there's Brady, but before I disappear, you should talk to that red head, she's really nice."

She disappears before I can say a word.

I spot Grace talking to an irritated looking Emerson and decide to interrupt them, "Miss. Rayson, Miss. Sinclair."
Grace smiles at me, "Hello Mr. Clark, if you'll excuse me, I have to check in for the auction."

Emerson sighs and I ask, "What was she yelling at you about?"
She shrugs, "Something about her iPad and teaching Pearl how to use it. Which I've done. I prepared the girl in every way possible, except for Grace's office interludes. I left that for her to figure out on her own."

I give her an amused look and she smirks before I say, "Shouldn't you be checking in for that auction as well?"
She shakes her head, "Grace just lied to you so she could hit on your brother."
I turn to see her talking to him, and I shake my head, "Unbelivable."

Emerson just shakes her head, "That woman moves remarkably fast."
I chuckle and rake my eyes over her, "Yes she does, but you look remarkably stunning tonight Miss. Sinclair."
She bites her lip, "Thank you."

I hear someone clear their throat and see Channing to my side, "Mr. Kane," I say.
"Mr. Clark," he gives me a tight smile before turning to Emerson, "You have William Harwell at twelve thirty."
She looks over my shoulder and scowls, "Good fucking God," she mutters.