Chapter 59

For the surprisingly warm day I dress in a warm lemon yellow dress and throw a creme blazer over the top. I wasn't feeling as merry as I looked. Even with the red lipstick.

When I walk in the doors of Harvey Inc the man at the front desk smiles as I sign in and says, "Good morning Miss. Sinclair."
"Good morning," I murmur.

I slide my pass through and after it clears I head to the elevator. The ride up seems to take forever and once I'm off I walk over to my desk. On the top sits a bouquet of two dozen freshly cut yellow roses with red tips. I pick up the card from the bouquet and read the note on it.

Em,

I'm sorry for yesterday. I'll make it up to you tonight princess.

                                                                Yours, Christian

I sigh and set the card on the desk moving the bouquet of roses onto my filing cabinet. They were so big they took up a good chunk of my desk, and as much as I wanted them on there it would just be impossible to work with them there.

I take a look at my emails and just as I finish deleting the junk I receive one from Christian.

To: Emerson Sinclair
Subject: Schedule/Meetings

Emerson,

I have a meeting over breakfast with your father this morning, Cole will be there too. It's at Del Rays, @ 9. It's your choice if you want to come with. Let me know.

Christian Clark
Completely sorry for yesterday CEO Harvey Inc.

______________________________________________________________________________

I sigh and think of a reply.

To: Christian Clark
Subject: Breakfast/Yes

Christian,

I'll be there. I take it you're canceling on Mr. Carlos again?

Emerson Sinclair
You have a lot of explaining to do, Assistant to Christian Clark
Harvey Inc.

 ____________________________________________________________________________

As I cancel his appointment I receive a new email.

To: Emerson Sinclair
Subject: I'm sorry

Em,

I'll explain in the car when I pick you up. I'll come up to get you. 

Do you know what I did with the Harrison file?

Christian Clark
CEO Harvey Inc.

 ________________________________________________________________________________

To: Christian Clark
Subject: Slightly Forgiven

Christian,

It's on your desk.

Emerson Sinclair
Assistant to Christian Clark
Harvey Inc.

 _____________________________________________________________________________

When the phone rings I pick up, "Harvey Inc."
Em.
"Hello Christian."
He gulps, I'm sorry. I will explain, just know that I'm sorry princess.

I sigh, "I know. So what else do you need for the meeting?"
How did you know?
"Because you forget everything on your desk."
He chuckles and says, There's an empty file on my desk that we'll need to put all the new plans in for the club. As much as I don't want you near Cole, I want your help with this. I want to make sure this appeals to women as much as it will men.