Chapter 55

As I walk Emerson around the house I say, "I think that might have been my Aunt and Uncles car, and if it was you're in for a surprise. My Aunt Carol is crazy."

She raises an eyebrow at me, "How crazy?"

I press my lips together, "Considering none of them have ever seen me with a girl, and their daughter has a child, out of wedlock I might add, it's going to be bad."

She frowns, "Don't you think they'll be more focused on Jude and Avery?"

I shrug, "It's going to be about fifty fifty." 

She shrugs back, "I think we can handle it Christian."

When we come around the corner the first people I see are my parents, and unfortunately Victoria. I squeeze Emerson's waist and say, "Just ignore her Em."

I smile and my mom and dad and my mother says, "Well hello you two."

My mother hugs me tight and my dad hugs Emerson.

"Jude called, he said he'd be here with Avery soon. Your Aunt Carol is sure excited. But I can't tell if she's more excited over the fact that Jude is engaged or that you're seeing someone."

I groan, "Mom you didn't?"

She rolls her eyes at me, "She would have seen anyway. The two of you look happy." 

I wrap my arm around Em's waist and kiss the side of her head, "Lets get something to drink."

As I lean on the bar the bartender says, "What can I get you?"

I glance over to where my dads friend stands and say, "Beer, and later tonight when that man gets a few round of shots, I'll change it to vodka, and I want water in my glass every time. Got it?"

The bartender nods and looks at Emerson, "And you miss?"

Avery throws her arm around Em and says, "We will take two cosmo's."

"Make that three, and three," Will says as he walks up with Jude and Jessica.

The bartender slides us our beers before making the cosmo's and Emerson nudges me, "Christian, who's that man?"

I look up to see him staring and I say, "Someone I want you to stay away from."

She looks up at me with an unreadable expression and says, "If you say so." 

After sticking the girls purses inside I come out to find my cousin talking to Emerson, I wrap my arms around Em and look at Meredith, "Hello Meredith."

She smiles, "Hi Christian."

"Where's Jemma?"

"I think Matea was playing with her. Her boyfriend is cute. But he's a bit old for her isn't he?"

I frown, "Not really," I look at Em, "He's a year older than you right?"

She nods, "Yeah, he's twenty-three."

I shrug, "That's only four years, there's two between Emma and I."

Meredith looks at Em, "Oh so then you must have just graduated right?"

Emerson presses her lips together, "Actually no. I dropped out after a year of college."

I kiss the top of her head and say, "Actually Em is going to be running EmmaVee Green Publishing for me in another month."

Meredith nods impressed as Jemma runs up to us, "Uncle Chris!"

I grin and pick her up, "Hey baby girl. How's my favorite cousin doing?"