Chapter 11

After breakfast with Christian I had spent the remainder of my day shopping with Audrey. After having dinner at Amour Channing had called begging us to go out clubbing with him since we had failed the week before.

I had bought a dress for clubbing when I had been shopping with Avery. It was all black, but the arms and back were all lace. The only parts of me that were really covered were my butt, my stomach and my chest. The lace trailed down the sides of the dress too.

I had on my red platform heels and my hair was falling around my face in waves. For once I actually looked good, but with Avery's flirtatious ways she had all the guys flirting with her while I drank and danced with Channing.

I don't mind hanging out with Channing but I knew he must want to dance with some girls and by now my head was spinning.

When Channing gets up to use the rest room my phone rings from my clutch. I pull it out and frown at the sight of Christians number. I stumble outside and lean against the wall.

"Hello?"

Emerson?

I frown, "Yeah?"

Are you drunk?...he pauses, Where are you?

I scowl, "I'm not drunk! and I'm at some club with Avery and Channing."

You sound drunk.

"I'm not!" I argue.

Why do I have the feeling you're pouting like some three year old?

I pout even further than I had been, "I'm not!"

Stay where you are please. I'm coming to get you.

I roll my eyes at the thought, "I can take care of myself."

Emerson, just stay where you are.

"I don't need someone to take care of me."

I hang up and shove my phone back inside my clutch before making my way back inside the club. When I get myself another drink, just because I can, not because I want one, I head toward the floor. Channing finds me, "I've been looking for you."

He gives me a lopsided grin and I drain my glass before setting it down and dancing with him.

I guess you know that at clubs it's not really dancing, it's basically just grinding to the beat of some music. Channing has his hands on my hips when he says, "I think it's time to get you home baby."

I look at him and nod slightly, "I guess."

He grins, good old Channing.

***Christian***

When we pull up the bouncer immediately lets me and my brother inside. We spot Avery right away. She grins happily and steps away from the guy she had been dancing with, Jude kisses her, "Where's Em?" he asks.

She shrugs, "With Channing somewhere. Why?"

I groan and turn around to search for her. I don't search for her face though, I search for her hair. The red hair that had caught my eye in the first place.

I catch her walking towards the door with Channing, all the way across the club from me. I shove my way through the crowd, sliding out of the steele grips of some of the woman who tried to throw themselves at me.

When I step outside I look down the street, and then back up it. I find Emerson pushing Channing away two buildings over, the sidewalk lit up from the neon sign for the bar they stood outside of.