Chapter 9

Christian glares at William as he walks into the room, he pulls me into his side and wraps one arm tightly around my waist. I involuntarily move closer to him. He squeezes my waist in response.

"What do you want Will?" he growls.

Will smirks, "I just want to talk to Emerson alone for a moment."

Christians grip on my waist tightens, "No."

Will shakes his head, "Doesn't Emerson get a choice?"

I glare at him, "I have nothing to say to you."

He shakes his head, "That computer of yours is empty. There's nothing on it. How is that possilbe?"

I shrug, "It was new. My other one crashed, and unfortuantely the hardrive is ruined."

He frowns and grits his teeth, "I know you wrote that article Emerson."

Christian glares at him, "She didn't write it. But if you would stay away from Emerson maybe we can find out who did in fact write it."

Will glances at me and then looks back at Christian, "Why so worried Christian?"

His expression grows dark, darker than I've ever seen it before, "I'm not worried, I'm concerned. Why do you feel the sick need to put cameras up in her apartment? From the looks of the security footage you put them in months ago."

Will smirks and looks at me, "Well sometimes when I can't have something, I find another way to get it."

Christian lets go of me and steps toward Will, "Stay away from her Will."

Will's smirk just deeps and he shakes his head, "I will for now, but later you might not be so lucky," he turns and looks at me, "Goodnight Emerson."

He turns and walks out, leaving us alone. Christian turns around and looks at me, "You have to tell me if he comes anywhere near you."

I nod and and he walks over wrapping his arms around my waist, "Okay."

He rests his chin on the top of my head and says, "It was worth the one hundred thousand."

I roll my eyes and say, "I am not worth one hundred thousand dollars."

He pulls back and tilts my chin up, "Yes you are."

I hear someone clear their throat and turn around to see Christians brother, Jude, "Avery is looking for you Emerson."

"Where is she?" I ask.

"By the bar."

I nod and Christian squeeze my waist before letting me go, "Remember you owe me a dance."

I sigh and look back at him, "Thank you."

He presses his lips together and nods before I turn around and head towards Avery.

***Christian***

"So what exactly was that back there?"

I look at my brother like he's dumb, "What are you talking about?"

He shakes his head, "Don't do that. You know exactly what I'm talking about. I thought you weren't seeing anyone."

i press my lips together, "I'm not."

He eyes me, "So you're not seeing Emerson?"

I manage to not clench my jaw as I say, "No."

He smirks, "Then you won't mind if I ask her out."

I give him a look, "I thought you were interested in Avery."

He shrugs, "Emerson's hot."

I narrow my eyes, "Don't screw Emerson over Jude. All you want is a fuck, she's not that type of girl."