Chapter 54

When she wakes up I'm already walking out of the bathroom, "Morning baby."

She yawns, "Morning."

I lean over me and kiss her gently, "I wish we could just stay in bed," I murmur.

She kisses me back and says, "Well we can go to bed early tonight and stay in bed for hours."

I grin and brush my lips along her jaw, "Sounds perfect." 

I lean back up and she crawls out of bed, and kisses my cheek, "I'll be downstairs in a minute."

While I'm standing in the kitchen, checking my phone Ben's girlfriend, or whatever she really was walks in. She seems to eye me for a moment before walking over to my side of the counter. She reaches for a coffee cup before practically purring, "Good morning."

I barely glance at her, "Morning."

She pours her coffee and then stands next to me, "I bet that girl isn't taking care of you."

I give her a hard glare, "What happens between Em and I is none of your business."

She places her hand on my arm, "I could take such gooooood care of you."

I roll my eyes, "I really doubt that." 

She steps up uncomfortably close and moves her hand to the top of my sweatpants, "How about I show you how good I'm going to take care of you?"

"How about you keep your hands to yourself before I tell my brother?"

I look up and see Emerson, her gaze is hard and I dread the conversation that is going to follow this one. Katy steps back and crosses her arms, "But nothing happened."

Emerson glares at her, "Then go."

Katy glances at me and then moves far around Emerson to get out of the kitchen. I look at Emerson and start to say, "Em I-"

She cuts me off, "What was-"

I move over to her and wrap my arms around her, placing my finger over her lips, "Let me talk."

Her gaze softens and she sighs with a small nod, "Okay."

"I didn't do anything. She came up to me. I wouldn't do that to you Em. I promise."

She bites down on her lip and quietly says, "Even if you wouldn't, it's not like there's any reason not to Christian. We're not together, and I haven't given you an answer."

I cup her chin and brush my lips against hers, "The only girl in my life right now is you. I told you I expected you to keep this between you and me, and the same goes for me. You're the only girl I want."

She wraps her arms around my neck and says, "I know you didn't do anything. She was eyeing you last night I just didn't think she'd be stupid enough to hit on you."

I kiss her gently and pull her hips up against mine, "I was just about to call my mom back, she just reminded me that tomorrow is the fourth of July. My parents host a big party every year and I want to bring you tomorrow night."

She frowns, "But what about Coraline?"

I kiss her jaw, "I talked to Brady, he was planning on coming and he was planning on asking Coraline. He didn't know she was your sister."

She nods, "Okay...but only if Avery gets to come home tomorrow."

I smile and kiss her jaw, "Well then good news. She's being released tomorrow morning. We can leave whenever we want."

She nods, "Okay."

I grin and pick her up so her legs wrap around my waist and say, "Now let's get this day over with."