Epilogue (Part 2)

Kale Xavier Buenavista

She couldn't stop crying.

When her father died, I shared the same pain that she felt. It was as if my father had died too. I wanted to do something to ease her pain but I know I couldn't. This is a pain that she had to deal with and the best thing I could do is to stay by her side. To make her feel that she's not alone, because I'm here and I'll never leave her side.

She couldn't function well for days. I had to do all the work for her. I know she isn't in the right mind to do anything. Her father just died... and she harbors some hatred towards her mother. I'm pretty sure she feels so alone now... without her family.

"Kale," she called. "Why are you doing this?"

My forehead creased. "Doing what?"

"This. Bakit ni isang beses hindi mo ako iniwan?"

I just smiled at her and wiped some of her tears. She doesn't really have an idea of how I love her, huh? Hindi niya ba alam na handa akong gawin ang lahat para sa kanya? Kahit ano pa 'yan?

"Because I love you," I simply said.

I saw the look of surprise on her face. Hindi niya ba talaga alam kung gaano ko siya kamahal?

"But why?" she asked. "Why do you love me? I just don't understand. There's nothing special about me."

There's nothing special about her? Hindi niya ba alam kung gaano ka-swerte ang lalaking mapapangasawa niya? She has everything I ever wanted. Having her is more better than winning the lottery! Kaya paano niya nasasabi na walang espesyal sa kanya?

I could list all the reasons on why I love her, but they're too many.

I wanted her to know that I'm not staying by her side because I love her and that I'm asking for a chance. I stayed by her side, because I love her and I know that she needs me. She needs the company that I can give. Lalo pa at may alitan sila ng Mama niya. She even stayed at Emma's house, the whole time. I would just come by to check on her.

Our life in Japan was so much harder than I expected.

Araw-araw, kasama ko siya. Araw-araw nakakausap ko siya. At araw-araw mas lalo lang din akong nahuhulog sa kanya.

She tried so hard to forget about Gray. Nagfocus nalang siya sa pag-aaral sa kagustuhang tuparin ang pangako niya sa Papa niya. I tried so hard not to be a distraction. I just became her friend. Her boy bestfriend. Someone who she can rely on. I didn't want her to uncomfortable with me just because I have feelings for her.

Alam ko rin na maraming mga lalaki ang nagkagusto ko sa kanya dito. Hindi naman talaga siya mahirap mahalin. She's very easy to love, in fact with just a little of her words and you'll find yourself falling for her again. Kaya kahit anong gawin ko'y hindi ko siya maalis sa sistema ko. It's like she's just staying there, torturing me more.

I had a lot of girls lining up for me as well. Pero kahit anong gawin ko, ay siya pa rin ang hinahanap ko. Kaya bawat babaeng umaamin sa akin ay hindi ko tinatanggap. I didn't wanna make someone a rebound. Dahil alam ko sa sarili ko na siya pa rin ang gusto ko. Siya pa rin ang mahal ko.

"That's because, you're not trying! Come on, Kale. Wag mong sabihin na sa dinami-daming magagandang babae na nagkakagusto sayo'y wala ka man lang magustuhan kahit isa?"

I stared at her beautiful face. Yes, wala akong magustuhan kahit isa kase baliw na baliw pa rin ako sa'yo. Simpleng ngiti mo lang sa akin ay nababaliw na ako. I find myself falling for you all over again, if that's even possible.