CRASH

Forth and Beam was half way to his hospital.  Beam was clinging on Forth like he was little kola.

"P Go slow" Beam said to forth clinging to Forth but Forth on purpose sped his accelerator. It was the first time for Beam to sit on someone else bike he does know o ride bike but he has never crossed 60 but the speedometer is showing around 100.

"Go slow, I want to live long" forth just clucked and slowed his bike a little.

"I promise that we both will be safe" Forth assured Beam. He really like the way Beam was holding him. It was not that he is going to enjoy it all day. So he decided to enjoy it.

Beam came into full alert when he heard the sound of ambulance. A lot of Ambulance was crossing them.

"P'Forth follow the Ambulance" He said. His voice became stern. It left no space to arguing. It was like when he met Beam. The stern and strict doctor who knows  what he does and there was no way you can argue with him.

Forth quickly turned his bike and followed the ambulance. Forth has the adrenaline rush after a long time. It was like he was going to something that was unpredictable. There is going to be something that will go out of his hand.

When he reached the place Forth was stunned for a second. Forth no longer know what was happening around. There was blood a lot of it. There was chain of crash in that narrow bus.

"We need as much back up as we can. Thank god you are not sick of blood." he said and ran towards the scene

"Wayo I need Back up In X Road. There is crash with minimum injury of 100 peoples. i will share the location. Get the help team ready. I am here in the location" he said to the other guy.

"The first thing he did was to get the triage label from the Ambulance. The temperature is going low. We need to keep the patients warm as much as possible. P stick by my side" he said to forth and jumped into the mess. The triage label goes like this

Red tags - (immediate) are used to label those who cannot survive without immediate treatment but who have a chance of survival. Yellow tags - (observation) for those who require observation (and possible later re-triage). Their condition is stable for the moment and, they are not in immediate danger of death. These victims will still need hospital care and would be treated immediately under normal circumstances. Green tags- (wait) are reserved for the " wounded" who will need medical care at some point, after more critical injuries have been treated.
White tags - (dismiss) are given to those with minor injuries for whom a doctor's care is not required.

He was busy with his work where forth looked bewildered not knowing what to do.

"P remove your belt" he didn't wait for forth to remove it he pulled the belt out of the loop. and tied the wounded guys leg t stop the bleeding.  "P forth I want you to press his wound and do not leave it until I say you too." He said. Forth for the first time his hands shook. He was afraid that he would do something  wrong. "Press it harder P, It is going to pain for him one way or another" Beam said in commanding voice. Beam was doing something that Forth was no way aware of it. You can release it now. He said to forth. And labeled the patient yellow

Forth removed his hand and looked at his hand. it was full of blood. it was not the first time he was seeing blood in his hand but something stirred  in his heart when he saw the blood. It was strange feeling that he cannot explain. The feeling of accomplishing something. 

It was then forth heard a cry. A cry of little baby who was crying uncontrollably. Forth followed the Cry to see a six month baby who was crying profoundly both his mother and father was dead on spot the baby was sandwiched between them. Forth doesn't know what to do. He carefully took the baby and held it in his hand. He ran to beam to see whether the baby was alright. Beam looked at the baby for few seconds and tagged the  baby with black.

"The baby is still alive" He yelled at beam.

"But there is no chance to survival the baby" Beam said in a calm tone.

"How can you say that without even trying to treat the baby" he yelled at beam. He didn't care that he was in middle of the mess. He Just wanted to save the baby

"The baby will die in few hours if it is not healthy may be in few minutes. there is no point in treating it. I just advise you to let the baby die in peace." Beam said in a clam yet stern voice. Beam did not stay in the same place he just moved looking to save other people who needed attention.

Forth was holding the baby in his hand and saw the baby took it last breath in his hands. The baby didnt feel warm any more it was cold as ice and tears was in his eyes in brink of falling. HE cannot take it. He has seen people die. But seeing the baby die something changed in him. it doesn't deserve to die. it didn't see the world.

Forth started to blame himself. If he had seen the baby earlier it would have had the chance to stay alive. If he had....

Forth understood one thing now. Though he already know it. right now it felt like splashing cold water in his face. He and beam was far away very far.