A Call to Mr. Jaturapoom

Beam was scared with a knife on his neck. He was pressing on the correct place and one cut he will never see the world again. Beam gathered up his courage. He had to buy time to escape. Standing like a scapegoat will get him killed anyway they are going to kill him whether he tries to escape or not.

"Who are you?" was the first few words he was able to get out of throat.

"Get forth here now" was the masked man yelled at him.

"whom are you talking about? I don't know any Forth" Beam was trying to get sometime. The moment they pressed the knife on his throat he knew for whom they have reached here but little part of him doesn't want to pull the man into trouble.

"Don't act as if you don't know. The one with whom you spent the last three days. I want him here now" the man said putting the pressure on the knife.

"What makes you think he will come here for me. I am just a mere doctor to him. I am no one. Even if you kill me now, he will not show up" Beam said to the man. He mentally slapped himself for saying that. If they know that he is no important to him they will just cut his neck right away. He was feeling stupid now.

"I have seen the way he looks at you. Don't act innocent. I want him here now. Call him" he said throwing his phone to him.

"I don't know his number and I left my phone in hospital. If I have to call him, I have to either call from hospital or get my phone" beam replied to him. Beam was praying to all the known god that they buy his story, and no one call him now.

*

Now Beam was walking to the hospital with a gun pressed on his hips. One wrong move he knows that he is done for.

"Dr.Beam. I thought your shift was over" said the nurse trying to flirt with him.

"I forgot to check the discharge sheet before leaving. They have called me few minutes back. They will be coming in few minutes to collect it. I have to sign it." He said with a light smile.

"Oh, say the name, I will get it for you" she said to him.

"Thank you, sister. I don't want to disturb you in this busy schedule I will take care of it myself. He smiled and logged on to doctor's user and typed Phana on the system." He was praying that there was emergency contact available on it. He was able to breath a little when he saw the emergency contact as Forth Jaturapoom. He called from his office landline and it was ringing.

Pick up, pick up he was saying the mantra repeatedly.

"Hello" came the voice from other side. Finally, Beam was able to leave a breath of relief.

"Forth it is doctor Beam. It is regarding phana. You have left discharge summary in the hospital and it is required if you are going to bring him for further checkup. If you don't mind can you come and get it now. I remembered that he has to come to regular checkup tomorrow and I forgot to give the discharge summary back to you when you came today" beam said in one go. He can only pray that forth was witty enough to catch his hint.

"Will be there" he said to Beam and cut the call.

"He is coming" beam said to the man.

The man nodded his head and tried to call the other guys to set the trap up for forth.

This was it. The time for him to attack. The moment the man went to take the phone from his pocket. He gave him a hard blow on his nose and the next second he disarmed him.

"Get me propofol now" he yelled at the nurse who was next to him. it was aesthetic drugs. He cannot think whether he can give the man that or not, but it is the only way for him escape. It is for his self-defense to the max he can get the penalty of not seeing the patient till it is proved that he did for self defense he can live with that but he still have some people in his dorm. He doesn't know how man are there, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Beam was thankful that he hit the bed with the doctor gown or else he would have been easily exposed. He quickly took the phone from his pocket and dialed Forth's number thanks to his photographic memory.

"Hello forth....."