Chapter 3: There's Danger in the Air

Your P.O.V.

 It's dark. You feel around you and realize that you're lying down in your bed. 'What happened?'

It all comes flooding back to you. The workshop, the meeting, and the impossible cast of characters in it.

"Red Hood. Of all the baddies to choose, it had to be him. Why is the world so cruel?"  

'Who's that?'

You open your eyes and see a girl pacing back and forth in front of your bed. Her brown eyes are full of concern and anxiety, her short brown hair swishing slightly every time she changed direction. She wore a dark blue T-shirt, jeans, and a gray hoodie. Crystal Rockwell.

"Oh, you're awake! You've been out for hours! No, actually you've been out for 8 minutes and 29 seconds. But anyway, you believe me now? Or... are you thinking that YOU'VE gone crazy? Oh, you don't? Great, so you believe me!

"Now, I believe explanations are in order. I am so sorry that we had to meet during a time like this. You have to promise not to reveal your knowledge of my existence to anyone. Not even your closest friends and family. Red Hood is an evil, bloodthirsty, chaotic creature. If he finds out about our meetings, who knows what he'll do to you.

"Sorry, am I scaring you? There's no need to worry about him getting you...yet. Red Hood hasn't stepped foot on Earth for eons. He tried to get in five years ago but, um, my friends and I stopped him. You can say that he has a small grudge against me.

"Oh, what was your reaction to Max's transformation? You see, he owns a watch called the Omegatrix. It's quite similar to Ben 10's Omnitrix but the Omegatrix was created 2.9 seconds earlier. Also, Max transforms into suited figures instead of aliens. You've obviously met Slash now. His attitude is quite similar to Ben's Rath, except Slash is even more annoying.

"As for Jarvis, well, you're probably thinking of Iron Man. Just like Danny, this is a different Jarvis. Steven invented Jarvis himself to keep track of events in the multiverse.

"Okay, now that you've seen the D.T.C, do you think you're ready for the real action? I'm going to give you the power to mind-travel at will so that you know the progress of our, um... mission. All you have to do is say my name and the words 'There's danger in the air' in your head. You can probably do the same with Steven and the rest of the D.T.C, but instead of my name, you say theirs.

"When this blows over and you're still feeling brave and strong and... sane, I will offer you a proposition. But for now, I have a job to carry out. Help will always be given to those who deserve it. Bye for now!" Crystal smirks, snaps her fingers, and disappears through a portal.

'Woah. Did that just happen?' You think the situation over, and then look at your alarm clock.

'11:49 pm'

'I guess it won't hurt to try. I've got time to spare.' You shrug. 'Crystal Rockwell...there's danger in the air.'

Darkness consumes you once more.

A/N: I know, I know... but it gets interesting as it goes. Know where Crystal's second-to-the-last line came from?