Chapter 38: Attack of the Undead

Johanna:

I was taken aback as a red blur crossed my line of vision. A plume of dust went up, leaving me in a coughing fit. What just happened?

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" a voice said from the right.

I turned to see Crystal pinned to a nearby brick wall by... no way. Despite the danger my friend seemed to be in, I couldn't help but gasp and feel a shiver of excitement crawl up my spine.

"It's... Sakura Haruno!" I exclaimed, jumping up and down.

Sakura glanced at me at the mention of her name. Crystal took this as an opportunity and kicked at Sakura's legs, somehow managing to turn the tables. She held Sakura against the wall, placing a dagger under her chin for good measure before turning to me.

"Sack of a what now?" She asked with eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

I rolled my eyes. How could she not know?

"Sakura Haruno, a ninja-in-training acquainted with Naruto Uzumaki. Ring any bells?"

"Sadly, no." Crystal replied before facing Sakura again. "A ninja, eh? Guess you still need to work on your sneak attacks. I'm going to let go now. No surprises?"

"Maybe." Sakura replied.

Crystal raised an eyebrow but backed away nevertheless, putting her dagger back in a sheath I never noticed before.

"I know I still have a lot of training to do. I have yet to beat Naruto, the best ninja in the village!" Sakura exclaimed.

I blinked. "Did you say 'Naruto'?"

I didn't think she would say something like that. Then again, I haven't watched the whole thing yet...

"Yeah." Sakura said. "Naruto's the greatest!"

Crystal glanced over in my direction and asked Sakura, "If you're Sakura, then who's that?" she pointed at someone behind me.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned to see another Sakura coming towards us with arms crossed. "Cut the act, Naruto." The new Sakura said. "We're supposed to be meeting Benji in ten minutes."

The Sakura that pinned Crystal to the wall scratched her head before -POOF!- changing into Naruto.

My jaw dropped in awe. "The Transformation Technique." I whispered, turning to Crystal and grabbing her shoulder. "He just- I just- we just witnessed the Naruto perform the actual Transformation Technique."

Crystal shrugged my hand off and gave me a look that said, 'Dude, seriously?'

"Heh, I couldn't help it." Naruto told Sakura before turning to Crystal. "You and your friend just appeared out of nowhere. Are you-" his eyes widened and he pointed at Crystal's chest. "Sakura, look! The girl has Benji's symbol."

I looked at where he was pointing and saw that Crystal's necklace was out. She usually kept it under her shirt, but I guess it came out during the scuffle when she pinned Sakura- no, Naruto to the wall.

It was a regular silver chain with a small symbol hanging from it: an eight enclosed in a diamond shape, which in turn is enclosed in a letter 'C'. I always wondered what it stood for, but Crystal never gave me a straight answer.

"What? No, it couldn't be." Sakura said, getting closer to take a look.

"Yes, it is! Believe it! Just remove the 'C' and replace it with the pointy wing thingies." Naruto exclaimed.

"Uh..." Crystal took a few steps away from the two observing ninjas and put her necklace back underneath her gray T-shirt.

Naruto continued to say, "Remember what Benji said? 'The symbol is rare and-'"