Chapter 16: The Stolen Gauntlet and the Hood of Elements

Steven:

In front of me, an Orange Hooded guy was struggling against the hold of... Black Hood. Black Hood had a wicked silver dagger raised above Orange Hood's head, poised and ready to strike.

"Hey!" I shouted.

Black Hood glanced over at me. Whoops, wrong move. Orange Hood used the distraction to his advantage and kicked Black Hood away. Orange Hood took out nunchakus to hit Black Hood, but Black Hood blocked it with a staff that was black as midnight. How many weapons does this guy have?!

I heard footsteps behind me as they began to fight anew. Johnny came running in, carrying a stun-gun. "Johnny, shoot!" I exclaimed.

Johnny fired immediately, but at the last second, Orange Hood pulled Black Hood in front of him as a shield. Black Hood was barely able to use his staff to block the blow, twirling it in a circular motion like a propeller. The shot was then redirected towards the Protovault's door, causing a minor explosion.

When the smoke cleared, both Hoods had vanished. The others, along with Lazlo and Clam, came running towards us. "What happened?" Lazlo asked.

I walked towards the open vault, hoping that IT wasn't the one the Hood was after. Unfortunately, it was exactly what they were after. "They took the Power Gauntlet."

Max:

The Power Gauntlet?! Of all things, it had to be the Power Gauntlet!

You're probably thinking 'What's the big deal with the Power Gauntlet, Max?' Maybe you're using Crystal's nickname 'Maxie' in the process. If only I could hear your thoughts from here so that I know whether I should release Slash or not. Anyway, the Power Gauntlet is... er... maybe I'll let Steven explain later. Crystal doesn't know about it either.

"Hey, Max? Where are you going?" Danny's voice rang out.

"Huh?" I looked around and realized I had taken a wrong turn. "Sorry. Lost in thought."

'You were talking to Crystal's 'friend' weren't you?'  Steven telepathically asked.

'You know about Crystal's friend too?'

'Duh. I followed her to Earth two days ago. She wouldn't let me reveal myself though. When did you find out?'

'Yesterday.'

-Beep-

"Crystal? Where are you? ..... Get over here now." Johnny said through his communicator. "What? .... For Tyton's sake, what do you mean your entering Hookfang's stomach?!"

We all stopped in our tracks and stared at Johnny. Crystal does many crazy and ridiculous things but... entering a dragon's stomach? That's way too far. Was that the reason for her weird behavior earlier? So much for being used to the 'Traveler life'.

"Fine. Just be careful... Sure, I'll tell him." Johnny smirked. "Come over as soon as you can."

-Beep-

"What's Crystal doing with Hookfang?" Steven immediately asked.

"Hookfang accidentally swallowed Snotlout. While trying to get him out, Hiccup's metal leg fell in. Crystal's trying to get it right now." Johnny explained. "Oh, and Max? She said Hookfang's insides smell like you after you've had a dozen chili cheese fries and half a dozen smoothies."

"Great." Man, even when entering a dragon's stomach to retrieve a metal leg, Crystal can still crack a joke. Naturally, about me.

We arrived in front of Steven's workshop. Man, we haven't held this many meetings since our battle with our old nemesis, the D.C.T.