Chapter 12: Time Travel?

Steven:

"Jarvis, status report." I was currently seated at my work desk, going through article after article on my computer. So far, there has been no mention about anyone else having created an Omnistone before. Guess no one's crazy enough to scour the entire multiverse for twelve gemstones.

"Sir, there are over 1,369 garnets currently in the multiverse but none have value of great significance." Jarvis informed.

"You've got to be joking." I muttered, putting two fingers to my temple. This... this treasure hunt was becoming more and more impossible by the minute.

Beep-beep-beep

"Yes?"

"Steven, it's me." I was fairly shocked to hear Crystal call so soon. Then again, the multiversal timestream was a little tricky.

"Crystal, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah." She waved my concern aside. "Look, I think I've located the garnet. I'll be there in five."

"Alright. See you later."

~

"Are you sure she said five?" Max asked, taking a swig of soda. He and the others had gone out for pizza around ten minutes after Crystal left. I could still smell the pepperoni on his shirt.

"Positive."

"Well, it's been ten minutes and she's not here yet."

"Settle down, Max. Crystal will be here soon." Danny said. "She probably meant five minutes in... whichever realm she was in."

Whoosh. A portal appeared and Crystal stumbled out... dressed in a ball gown.

Johnny raised an eyebrow and shared a look with me while Max shoved his fist into his mouth, trying hard not to laugh.

"Crystal, where were you?" Lazlo asked.

"Sorry. It's New Year's Day in Narnia. I had to attend the ball." She snapped her fingers and in a flash, she was wearing her usual jeans, t-shirt, and hoodie. I then noticed the large red book tucked under her arm.

"We not invited?" Clam asked.

"They didn't know how to contact us. I just happened to be there a few hours before it started." Crystal replied, taking her seat beside Danny.

"I thought you told Edmund." I asked, confused.

"Yeah, well, he must've misplaced the communicator somewhere. Besides, he knows I'm not fond of balls. Max didn't fare well last time either." She said, smirking.

"How was I supposed to know the punch was spiked?" Max exclaimed, putting his soda back down on the table. "By a Calormene, no less!"

"Yes, yes, that's sad and all, but can we get started?" she placed the red book in her arms down on the table.

"Ah, yes. You said you located the garnet?" I asked, glancing once at the large book.

"I have reason to believe it's in Narnia."

"Well, let's go get it!" Max exclaimed, standing up.

"Not so fast, Maxie." Crystal said, stopping Max in his tracks. "It's not as easy as it looks."

"What do you mean by that, Crystal?" Raj asked.

Crystal pointed at Jarvis's screen and a picture came out. Was it fire? No, it's too spread out like...like a flower!