Chapter 30: A Triple Threat

Johnny:

"You what?!" Crystal exclaimed, jumping three feet in the air. At least I think she did. Crystal was somewhere out in the multiverse, still working on the binding spell, so a full holo-call would have to suffice.

Steven sighed. "We're here in Arendelle where we saw Jack, battled Pitch and told Elsa about the Guardians."

"Di immortales." Crystal muttered before rounding on us. "What did I tell you when the first crossover fanfictions came out? It—"

"—can't happen in real life." We chorused.

"Unless made so by the creators. Exactly! And what do you do? Give out proper introductions!"

"Calm down, Crystal. We tried, you know!" I defended. Crystal opened her mouth to retort, but just then, her wristwatch beeped and glowed green. "Stay there. I'll just answer this quick." She put a hand to her ear and winced. "Janine, T, JJ, Jac, one at a time. And not so loud! .... Uh-huh.... Yeah.... Frozen Fever? What—.... Oh, that.... Ugh, don't even mention those Snowgies! ... Flurry nearly broke my favorite staff. How can you call him cute?! ... Yes, I was there. How else would the horn have been aimed at the Southern Isles?" Danny and Steven exchanged looks and snorted at that. "I'll try, okay? I can't make any promises... Fine. Look, I gotta go... Yeah, chat later. Maybe."

-Beep-

"What was that about?" Steven asked.

"Earth made a short clip about Anna's birthday called 'Frozen Fever'."

Danny snorted. "More like 'Frozen Sneezer'. Ow!" I elbowed him in the ribs, hard.

"You can fix this. Right, Crystal?" I asked, getting back on topic.

Crystal put two fingers to the side of her temple and sighed. "I may be able to alter their memories. But it'll be the least of our problems in three days' time."

"What do you mean? Why?"

"Just do what you can over there. No further developments please."

"Further developments?" Jack repeated, flying in through the window. Uh-oh. Crystal was of no help as she made her hologram disappear almost instantly. "What was that about?"

"Oh, Crystal's just mad that Pitch tried to kill us." I lied, putting on the best poker face I could muster at the moment.

"Where's Elsa?" Steven asked, changing the subject.

"She's up in her room with Jamie, trying to explain things to Anna. Apparently, being a mountain ice guy, Kristoff had heard stories about me. Jamie had no problem making him believe." Jack glanced out the window and froze. "I gotta go. Tell Elsa I'll be back soon." He zoomed out into the night, leaving a gust of winter wind in his wake.

We all peeked out to see that— "The sky's awake!" Olaf exclaimed, his carrot nose sticking out the back of his head.

"Hey, Olaf." I said, slowly pushing his nose back in place. "Seen Kristoff and Sven lately?"

"Why, yes! How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess." I smirked.

"Have you seen Jack Frost? According to Kristoff, he's flying about the castle right now!"

"Yes, well, about that..." Steven scratched the back of his head.

"What? What is it?"

"Jack left."

"Left? But... why?" I directed my attention back to the aurora borealis in the sky. The little guy's face looked crushed.