Chapter 15: Breached and Ambushed

Steven:

Flashback:

"Hey Perce. I nearly forgot this. Crystal has a package for you. She said you've wanted one ever since she mentioned it." I handed the box to him. I was still convinced it was the Cyclops's head.

"Cool! Thanks." Percy said, taking the box. "I'll be right back." He left to put the box in his cabin.

I heard a slight movement behind me and turned around to see something or someone running towards me. 'Is that a... Pink Hood? It's holding a claymore, great.' It suddenly disappeared. 'Just my imagination? I doubt that.'

As if on cue, it suddenly appeared above me, poised and ready to strike. Before I could summon my Keyblade, it was tackled to the ground by... a Black Hood? How many hooded guys are there?!

Pink Hood pushed Black Hood off and they began to fight, claymore versus scythe. As they fought, the hem of Pink Hood's cloak was slowly becoming red. 'What does that mean?'

Suddenly, in three short swipes, Pink Hood went down. As Pink Hood fell, it slowly turned into some kind of smoky substance. Black Hood's scythe sucked the substance in until there was no trace of Pink Hood anywhere. Even the claymore disappeared. Black Hood looked at me. I couldn't see his face but I could tell that I wouldn't be attacked. Not yet at least.

"Hey, Steven!" I turned around to see Grover, Percy and Annabeth running towards me. I looked behind me to find that Black Hood had disappeared into mist.

"Are you okay?" Grover asked me.

"Did you guys see that?" I pointed my thumb at the place Black Hood last was.

Annabeth looked over my shoulder. "See what, Steven? Nothing's there?" she said.

"Are you feeling well?" Percy asked. "Maybe that last hybrid of Dr. Nemo"

"Dr. Animo." I corrected.

"Yeah, whatever. Maybe that last hybrid hit you hard or something. You should have some nectar before you go."

"Uh, Perce? Not a demigod." I reminded, putting my hands up.

"Right." Percy scratched the back of his head. "I forgot."

-End of Flashback-

That Pink Hood must've been in league with Red Hood. If so, then Black Hood must be a friend. I wonder, do they have names under the hood or are they like Red Hood, as old as time itself?

I shook myself out of my thoughts. I have work to do. The other members of the D.T.C. had gone to their assigned realms a few hours ago. Some of Red Hood's Chaos monsters had been detected.

"Jarvis, scan for all rubies in the multiverse."

After three seconds, Jarvis answered. "Sir, apparently there are 946,015 rubies in existence and 30, 519 still being mined and shaped. At least 264 are of great value to the people."

"You have got to be joking." I rubbed my forehead in exasperation. "Jarvis?"

"I'm way ahead of you sir. The results are being put on hard copy at this very moment."

"And then scan for amethysts, Jarvis."

"Yes, sir."

~

"Steven? Steven, wake up... Steven!"

I immediately shot up in my chair. Wait, my chair? That means...