Chapter 37: When a Fan Meets Their Idol

Danny:

I woke up to the sound of Max shouting insults. I checked the time, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes, to see that it was 10: 40 in the morning. Great. Thanks a lot, Sandy.

Coming out of my tent, I saw Max chasing Jack and Crystal, who were laughing their heads off as they flew out of Max's reach. Apparently, the two thought it was a good idea to freeze-dry Max's hair in a way that made him look like a porcupine. Steven and Elsa were idly watching nearby.

"You two get back here! I'm gonna bury you alive in an avalanche! Pitch's Nightmares will be nothing compared to what I'll do when I get my hands on you, you little sprites of mischief!" Max yelled while weaving through pine trees.

"Freeze-dried hair, huh?" I mused, sidling up next to Steven and grabbing a bowl of oatmeal.

Steven merely shrugged. "Typical of, and I quote, the 'little sprites of mischief'."

"Is this a normal occurrence for you?" Elsa asked, suppressing a laugh.

Steven and I looked at each other before turning to say, "Yeah."

At that moment, Lazlo emerged from his tent. Upon seeing the spectacle before us, he turned back to the tent entrance and called, "Hey Clam, take out your camera! Max has got a new 'do!"

Clam immediately came running out with his second best camera in hand, followed by Raj, who had his handheld computer at the ready. "Ooh, wait 'til this goes viral!" Lazlo exclaimed.

"It'll probably get a hundred more likes than last time." Raj mused.

Max groaned, obviously having heard them. "When I'm through with these two— oof!" He tripped over a log, but sprang back up, undaunted. "You'll be next, you hear?"

"Smile." Clam said from atop a nearby boulder. 'SNAP!' 'CLICK!'

"Clam!"

Crystal laughed heartily and landed next to Raj, peering over his shoulder at the computer screen. "Wow, thirty-eight likes already."

"You're famous, Max!" Jack exclaimed teasingly.

By now, Steven and I were hugging our sides from laughing so hard. The look on Max's face was priceless. I thought things couldn't get any better... until the two 'little sprites of mischief' threw a snowball simultaneously at Max's shocked face.

"Bahahahaha! Y-you should see your face!" Steven exclaimed.

Max looked at Steven and I noticed a glint of mischief in his eyes. Quick as lightning, Max threw a snowball at Steven. Unfortunately, Steven had hunched over with laughter, so I was the one who got hit instead.

"Oh, it's on!" I exclaimed, forming my own snowball.

We soon had an all-out snowball fight. Even Elsa joined in after being ambushed by Jack and Anna, who was surprisingly very active for a person who had woken up only a few minutes ago. We were having such a good time, the first fun we've had in quite some time now, when all of a sudden...

"O-M-G. Crystal!!!" a voice shrieked.

We turned to see a girl around Crystal's age running towards us at top speed. "Johanna!" Crystal exclaimed as the girl tackled her in a hug.

"This is incredible." The girl, Johanna, said as she let go of Crystal. "Where are we? And—" Her eyes bulged as she caught sight of Jack, Elsa and Anna. "Is this what I think it is?"

"Well—" Crystal was cut off by a squeal of excitement from Johanna.

"Jewels of Ion, is she always like this?" Max muttered, going over to stand beside me.