Chapter 28: A Snow Day in Arendelle

Max:

This is bad. This is really, really bad. Those two can't meet! I mean, yeah, sure, there are fanfic dimensions where those two meet, but the original characters just can't. Unfair? Maybe. But the multiverse was made that way. So build a bridge and get over it. Harsh? Pretty much. I'm sorry, but you'll find out why I'm against this soon enough. It's hard for me to explain.

Anyway, back to reality. The D.T.C. went to the armory to equip everything we may possibly need while Crystal made a portal ready. "You think Pitch will be there?" I asked, voicing out what was probably on everyone's mind.

"Who knows?" Lazlo replied. "You think Red Hood had something to do with this?"

"Most likely." Johnny replied, testing his laser bow. "Whatever the case, he's going to eat lasers."

"Took you long enough." Crystal said as soon as we got back to the Control Room.

"To Arendelle! Er... or is it the Pole?" Raj asked, confused by the merge.

"Let's just go!" Steven said, leaping in after Crystal, who had simply smirked at Raj's question.

~

We all stood on a ridge overlooking the kingdom. The view was amazing, but you got used to things like this after a while. I turned to the others and said, "Nothing seems to be out of-"

"It's a snow day! Woo-hoo!"

I had to open my mouth.

Jack landed right next to us. "Crystal! D.T.C.! What brings you guys here? Hey, have you seen this village before?"

"Yeah, um, it's called Arendelle." I replied. Crystal looked at me and telepathically said, 'Are you crazy?'

"Cool, I'm gonna go check it out." He flew away, leaving a gust of cold wind in his wake.

"Great, now he's bound to see her." Crystal groaned. I had to open my mouth... again.

"Well, let's get the separation over and done." Steven said. Crystal sighed and drew a blue circle in the air. She began chanting a weird language that I never heard her use before. Then, she sliced through the air and a glowing white line went through the circle. Putting her hands out together in front of her, she slowly spread them apart. The two halves followed her motion and they became two overlapping circles. Crystal slowly began to separate them, but just when they were an inch apart, the circles glowed red and she flew backwards. The circles were glued together once more before completely disappearing.

"Ow, that hurt!" Crystal examined her hands, which were slightly burnt black. She inhaled deeply and exhaled a sparkling white mist through her mouth onto her hands. The burn marks disappeared on contact with the mist. "That feels better." Crystal exclaimed, flexing her fingers.

"What happened?" Steven asked, offering his hand to help her up.

"The worlds have a strong binding charm on them. I have to get rid of it first."

"Let me try." Steven took out one of his machines and set it on the ground. Beep, beep, beep... beeee- BANG!

Raj summoned a wind to blow away the smoke coming from the now broken machine. Steven picked up the pieces, grumbling about how 'magic always destroys his tech'.

"Okay, new plan. You keep an eye on things here while I try to remove the binding charm." Crystal ordered. Without waiting for an answer, she flew off into the sky.

"Great." I said sarcastically after a few moments. "Now what?"

"We'd better split up into two teams. One will patrol Arendelle while the other will keep an eye on the Guardians." Steven suggested. "Max, Danny, Raj and Clam, you handle the Guardians. Johnny, Hailow, Lazlo, you guys come with me."