Chapter 32: Further Developments

Steven:

After the attack, we contacted Max and told him to meet us up in North Mountain with the Guardians. Elsa and Anna had insisted on coming along, so I left Olaf in charge..... Nah, I'm just messing with you. And Crystal says I don't have a sense of humor. Elsa left Kristoff in charge, telling him she had 'complete faith in him'.

Anyway, once at the palace, I sent Crystal a message to meet us here ASAP. I was now currently staring at the icy blue walls of the tower, twirling my Keyblade 'round and 'round as Anna told the guardians about Elsa's powers, the years of isolation, and just about everything else you probably saw in the movie 'Frozen'. Having heard (and been through) the story several times, Max had resorted to banging his head against the wall out of sheer boredom. Thankfully, Elsa had made thick walls, so there was no need to worry about cracks. The Elemental Trio, however, enjoyed hearing stories and had taken a seat beside the Guardians to listen. Danny was on the other side of the room, playing chess with Jack as they chatted with Elsa. Johnny... well, he went to take a nap after what happened.

I was just thinking about how Crystal would react if she knew that Anna was blabbing to the Guardians when I heard the familiar swish of a portal coming from out of the open doors. I went down the stairs to meet Crystal but stopped halfway when I heard her talking to someone.

"No, I haven't told them yet..... Very funny, Kai.... Whatever. Just hold up your end of the deal and tell me—.... A what? .... How—"

'CRACK-A-BANG!'

"What the—" I started as ice rained down on me. I looked up as Johnny fell through the ceiling and landed hard on his back.

"I hate that Gauntlet." He muttered.

"That's supposed to be my line." I smirked, helping him up.

"Hey, what happened?" Crystal asked, coming up the steps.

Johnny pointed to the hole in the ceiling. "Pitch is in cahoots with Orange Hood. He had the Gauntlet used on me."

"Hey, what happened?" Danny asked, phasing through the wall.

Johnny rolled his eyes. "I forgot about the Gauntlet when I woke up."

We heard footsteps running towards us and saw Anna approaching. "Hey, what hap—"

"Can we talk about this up in the observation tower?" 

~

"The Nightmares left as soon as Johnny got hit by the Gauntlet." Elsa concluded.

Jack let out a low whistle. "So, illusions of your fears, huh?" He pointed his staff at Danny. "Yours is seeing your evil self kill everyone you know," He directed his staff at Lazlo. "Yours is shriveling up like a fish out of water," He then turned to me. "And yours is seeing Crystal turn evil and having no choice but to fight her."

We all shared a look and nodded solemnly. "It was a clever strategy, taking away Johnny's powers." Crystal commented. "It lessened the chances of defeating the Nightmares easily and quickly." Johnny clenched his fists and they began smoking. Jack and Elsa covered them in frost.

'FSSS!' "Thanks." Johnny muttered, unclenching his cooled down fists.

"No problem." The two snow lovers said in unison.

"Anyway, Crystal," Max spoke up, getting her attention. "What happened in Weselton? Which element did Orange use?"

"Air."

"Ah, I see. So—"

"And lightning. According to him, the two work so well together. He even put Steven's lightning powers to use."