Chapter 45: We Meet a Plain Old Telekinetic

Crystal:

"It's a long story." Steven grunted as they shuffled into the room. Hailow came in right after them. "Let's get him to sit down before—" Danny groaned and began to flicker with a ghostly glow. It took me a moment to realize he was going ghost-mode.

"That happens." Johnny finished, grimacing as Danny's arm sank deeper into him. "Crystal, think you can—?"

"I'll try." I spread my arms in their direction, focusing on the still air around them. I've only used this spell once and the results didn't turn out so good.

The air swirled around Danny until he was enveloped in a giant transparent cocoon, holding him aloft before his feet sank into the floor. "I hope you have an idea, because I won't be able to hold him for long." I warned, gritting my teeth.

Wind was a free spirit. It didn't really like being controlled all that much. Flying was fine since I didn't have to shape or restrain it so much, but a wind cocoon? Let's just say it won't comply for very long.

"Stabilizer." Danny muttered weakly. "Bracelet to solidify. My room."

"On it." Johnny said. He turned towards the door and immediately stumbled, hands going up to his ears as he groaned in pain.

"Johnny?" Max asked as he and Steven ran to his side. "What is it?"

"It's probably his super-hearing acting up again." Hailow said, lowering his voice in a whisper for Johnny's sake.

"Help him to a chair. I'll get the stabilizer." Steven said before running out the door.

Max guided Johnny to a chair and took something out from his pocket. "Earplugs?"

Johnny shook his head, eyes closed. "I-I'm fine. It comes and goes... It's passed for now."

"Well, since your hearing's fine now," I said, thrusting my right hand down as the lower part of the cocoon threatened to disperse. "Max, why do you keep earplugs in your pocket?"

He shrugged. "You never know when a pack of harpies might come shrieking past you."

"Harpies?" I raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"I mean it both literally and figuratively." He pointed out before turning to Hailow. "So what happened?"

"It's a long story. We should wait for Steven to get here." His face then contorted to one of doubt and concern as he turned to me. "You sure you can hold the wind bubble much longer?"

I tried to shrug, but decided it wasn't worth the risk. How long does it take someone to find a stabilizer bracelet? "I could use a little help with the lower area. These winds are one of the most rebellious I've seen!"

"Need me, then?" Raj came through the door with Lazlo and Clam in tow. Thankfully, he didn't wait for a reply and bended the air to his will. The cocoon gradually took on a less deformed shape.

"Hey," Max high-fived Lazlo. "So the purple-haired dude?"

"Locked up tight."

"And Tenzin?" I couldn't help but tense a little at that name. It was one I seldom heard in The Realm, and always in a somewhat bitter manner. If this was the same guy Max was talking about, I wasn't too keen on meeting him anytime soon.

"Safe for now. He said you should treat the package with special care. Something about cerebrium weapons being of great value to Zenon." Lazlo said. "What was it exactly anyway?"

"Um, something called a popis." Max replied. Cue the eye roll.

"It's a ko-pis." I corrected. "Say it with me, Maxie. Kopis."