Chapter 11: Narnian New Year

Crystal:

I took in a shaky breathe, looking out the window at the garden below in an attempt to calm my mind. 'Focus, Rockwell. You have to master it.'

Once I regained my composure, I created a holographic screen of the multiverse. "Show only major realms." I intoned, passing a hand over the screen. The hundred billion dots representing the minor (mostly fanfiction) realms disappeared, giving more space on the screen for the remaining realms.

I passed a hand over the screen again. "Scan for Green Hood." 

After five seconds, a red 'X' flashed on the screen. I passed my hand over the screen again. "Scan for Orange Hood." 

The 'X' appeared again.

Growing annoyed, I repeated my actions, hoping for positive results.

Hand. "Brown Hood." 'X'

Hand. "Purple Hood." 'X'

Frustrated, I tried one last time, hoping against hope that it wouldn't show an 'X'.

Hand..."Scan for Black Hood."... 'X'

"You're impossible!" I swiped at the screen, making it disappear.

"Nothing's impossible, dear." A gentle voice said from behind me, making me jump. "I mean, look at the master. He thought it was impossible to break the curse, and yet here we are. Curse-free."

I smiled slightly. When I left D.T.C. HQ, the Beast's castle was the first place that came to mind. "Thanks, Mrs. Potts. I probably should get going now though. Tell Belle and the Master that I said hi."

"Sure, dear." Mrs. Potts said, fixing her apron.

I waved goodbye and went through a portal.

~

I landed right outside the gates of Cair Paravel. I looked up at the bright blue sky and breathed in the fresh air. Aslan's Country really helps you relax. I wonder if the movie version will look as marvelous as this one, the book version. Book dimensions are always separated from the movie versions. It can get quite confusing. In one dimension, Lu and I had a little inside joke. I accidentally used it on the other version and obviously, she didn't get it.

Anyway, I was about to enter the Cair when...

"Halt! Who goes there?" a familiar voice shouted.

I smirked, recognizing the voice. "Sir Reepicheep, oh courageous, courteous, chivalrous knight of Narnia, I would like to enter Cair Paravel, if you please?" I've been using those terms on Reep ever since that time Lucy called him cute. Now, you're probably thinking 'Wasn't that in the movie? I thought this was the book version?' Yes, well, apparently Lucy called Reep cute in the book version as well. It just wasn't mentioned.

"Ah, Crystal! Come right in. I didn't know it was you." Reepicheep said. "What brings you here?"

"Oh, nothing in particular. Just thought I'd see how things are going over here." I replied.

"Well, you're just in time too." Reep said with a sly smile.

"What do you mean?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"In around two hours, the New Year's celebration ball will be held. I'm sure the Royals will insist you stay for it." He replied.

"Oh, no." I looked at the com-link on my wrist and checked the timeline. Sure enough, it was January in Narnia.

I wasn't fond of balls and Reepicheep knew that. He had found me in the library, the night of Caspian's coronation ball. I had only agreed to leave the library due to the fact that Reep said Lucy was looking for me. You see, I had developed a soft spot for that girl. Reep probably knew that because when I got to the ballroom, I found out that he had tricked me into going down.