Intro

Chapter: 1

"Today's lesson will be on..." I blocked out the boring lesson on how 'A virus can be conjoined with the DNA resulting in, god knows what,'

Just a regular day of school, as I dazed off I felt my lab partner keep tapping me on my leg, telling me to stay awake.

I was happy it was the last class of the day, but very dissatisfied with the fact that I had already learned this lesson but we had to go back over it because our teacher wanted to ensure that we would know this for future references.

"...but today class, we will watch an educational video on what the virus can affect the host!"

Yes! I thought, that's the only way my lab partner will leave me alone! Finally I get to take my well deserved nap!

As I faded off to sleep all I thought was what I was to do today, something was off and I couldn't put my finger on it, what was it? For sure I didn't forget to put on underwear, or did I? As I was lost in thought the bell rang for us to leave home, finally! I was making my way to my locker when my friend came up to me and said "Remember you have your shift before me today."

Eyes wide I had only half an hour to get on the other side of town!

Quickly I made my way over to my locker and dashed to my car, hoping my mom left the key under the mat this time.

As I ran three red lights, thanking there was no police around, I ran out of the car and searched under the mat, and found the key under the mat, at least something was going my way today, and dashed to get my dark green apron and changed into my black attire.

Dashing back to my car I went to my work, the good old Starbucks!

I was fifteen minuets late and came dashing through the door breathless, "Elizabeth, your late."

"I know. I'm so sorry! I live all the way on the other side of town and I just got out of school!"

"Just don't let it happen again."

While I stayed in shame I saw a customer come through the door.

"Help them with their order Elizabeth."

With a nod I made my way trying to fix my wrinkled apron.

"What can I get you sir?"

"Can I get a Carmel Mocha Frappuccino."

"Sure coming up sir, name?"

"Zayn."