Chapter 43 ㅡ Dearest friend

A/N: Hi lovelies! How are you all doing?

We've reached 20k views and 1.3k votes on Paths! I still can't believe it but I wanted to thank all of you for giving me a portion of your time.
Time is precious; especially now, so
Thank You. ♥️

Here's my gift to you, an update!😅

Enjoy the chapter,
Love you and take care♥️

PL.

•••

You were born to be real, not to be perfect.

—Min Yoongi.

Chapter 43

DEAREST FRIEND

•••

Jungkook was surrounded by little sparkles as the sun shone down on the sea. The Fall breeze hit him, it was cold yet very light, and he didn't flinch. He was lost in his thoughts. He stared into space as he brought a beer can to his mouth before sipping the liquid.

Suddenly, sound of footsteps could be heard on the pontoon's wooden surface. It grew closer to his position. Nonetheless, he didn't take a peek until a familiar voice rang in his ears.

"Jungkook."

He immediately recognized the voice. It belonged to one of his dearest friends, one that he's been lying to for years, one he didn't deserve.

He looked over his shoulder only to see Jin bending down to sit by his side, letting a sigh of exhaustion like an old man would do.

"What are you doing here?" Jin asked before his eyes fell on the several beer cans coming out of Jungkook's bag. He felt a pinch on his chest yet he tried his best to hide it. He reached for a drink and opened it for himself, "I didn't know there was a party to go to. Why wasn't I invited?"

Jungkook's eyes fell down to his hands as he remained quiet.

The silence caused Jin to look on his side. He observed his friend for a few seconds before sighing. He immediately understood Jungkook wasn't doing fine too.

He reached for his phone in his jeans and went to look for something. After finding it, he held his phone in front of Jungkook and the latter looked at him confusingly.

"Take a look," Jin insisted, "Please."

Jungkook grabbed the device and stared down at the screen only to see it was a video. He tapped the play button.

[A/N: Video description will be in italic]

"Is it recording?" Jin's voice could be heard over the image of his shoes displayed on his phone screen.

"Really? Are you that old not to know how to record a video on your phone?" Chaeyoung whined before lifting the phone up towards the bed.

Jungkook gasped at the next image.

"Y-you two are so noisy.." Hyejin groaned as she adjusted herself on the bed. Her voice was weak and sweet. "W-why a-are you filming?"