Chapter 32 ― A familiar feeling

Once your heart is moved, it will develop to something better and positive.

—Park Jimin.

Chapter 32

A FAMILIAR FEELING

•••

Hyejin was frustrated. She lead her feet frontally towards the elevator and jumped in before the doors closed on her.

Jungkook took a step back, surprised by her appearance, before gaining his composure. He looked straight forward and ignored her only to tease her nerves a little more.

"You can't do that Jungkook" She frankly spoke.

"What? What did I do?" He finally met her eyes and the determination on her face was intriguing to him.

"You can't just come and say things like that out of jealousy. It's been years that we took different paths. YOU CAN'T DO THIS."

He was taken aback by her honesty. She spoke out the truth he tried hard to push away. Jealousy. He knew it was true but admitting it was the last thing he wanted to do.

"What are you talking about? You're hallucinating."

Hallucinating. The one specific word Hyejin hated to hear the most. Especially out of Jungkook's mouth.

In fact, every single time they had fights back in the days, Jungkook would avoid any confrontation and say she's either exaggerating or hallucinating.

It somehow teared her down hearing it all the time because it felt like he was just not listening to her. While it saddened her before, it was now only bringing anger. One that was eating her inside.

Her jaw tightened while her hands turned into fists. She took in a deep breath before exhaling, "As expected, you didn't change."

Her face suddenly disstressed and her mouth curved up into a smirk. A very light chuckle came out of it, one of mockery.

"How did I even think otherwise."

In a blink of an eye, the roles exchanged. Jungkook was triggered by her words. For some reason, it hurt him more than he thought it would.

He was frustrated. As he was constructing the next sentence he'd say, the elevator doors opened and Hyejin didn't wait a second.

Without glancing behind her back, she walked out and left.

"YA !"

Jungkook called out in vain.

Hyejin was fuming.

Deception filled her mind. She was back into a vicious circle, one she promised she'd never go back when she left Korea.

She tried hard. She told herself she'd come back and put the past where it should be.