Chapter 2 ― Family Time

Those who want to look more youthful should live life with a young heart.

—Kim Seokjin.

Chapter 2

FAMILY TIME

•••

A deep sigh escaped Hyejin's mouth as she let the warm water fall on her body. Those long hours of flight exhausted her and a good shower was exactly what she needed at that moment.

The Kims reached their home a couple of minutes ago after a long ride from the airport. When they arrived, Ms. Kim didn't waste a second and pushed her daughter to go set herself down while she went to make dinner. On the other hand, the men of the house were in charge of the luggages.

After thirty long minutes, Hyejin came out of the shower and changed into an old pair of pyjamas she used to wear when she was a teenager. The feeling of the silk material on her skin and the sight of the cute print brought memories to her mind.

Actually, everything brought memories as soon as she stepped inside the house. The smells, the walls, the doors.. everything.

Stepping out of the bathroom, Hyejin finally took the time to explore her old room. Her eyes twinkled with joy as she noticed that everything was still at the place she left them.

"Hey, Omar!" She giggled at the teddy bear laying on her bed.

With the plushie in her arms, she made her way to her desktop. Her eyes traveled around it until they fell on the wall behind.

A soft smile made its way on her face as she stared at the pictures hanging on there. Most of them was of her and Chaeyoung, her bestfriend, in their early teenage years.

Their complicity still hasn't changed until now but she surely misses the time when the duty of being an adult wasn't a concern.

Soon enough, she walked over, to the other side of the desk, and a pinch attacked her heart instantly.

Nine people were on this one particular picture. Seven boys and two girls, being Chaeyoung and herself.

The boys were Jin and his six bestfriends. Hyejin softened at the sight of the ones she considers as her own brothers.

Suddenly, her smile dropped. Her gaze turned deeper and her hand found its way up, tracing one's features.

"Jungkook.." she mumbled under her breath as memories of her ex-boyfriend rushed in her mind.

'I wonder how he's doing..' she thought to herself.

"HYEJIN-AH ! DINNER IS READY !" Ms. Kim's voice echoed in the entire house, interrupting Hyejin in her thoughts.

The girl shook her head before exhaling deeply and headed downstairs.

"I'm her— Woah!" Hyejin gasped as her eyes widened and examined the whole table. Thanks God her eyes were securely in their sockets or else she swore they'd fall down by the sight of this incredible surprise her mother prepared.