Chapter 14 ― Awkward Situation

You've got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old. 

— Sarah Ban Breathnach.

⊱Chapter 14⊰

AWKWARD SITUATION

"Hyejin"

"Ya. Hyejin-ah," Jungkook called out the girl's name, shaking her slightly.

Despite the few attempts, Hyejin was still deeply asleep. The hours spent at work really got the best of her and she's long gone now.

Jungkook let out a soft sigh before he slipped one arm under her legs and the other behind her back. He gently pulled her out of the car and walked to the house, closing the car door behind him.

As he took a step inside the house, everything was quiet. He firstly made his way to the living room only to see five bodies taking all the places.

Yoongi was spread like a starfish on the floor. Taehyung was taking one side of the U-shape sofa, hugging an uncountable amount of pillows with both arms and legs. Hoseok and Jimin shared the centre part of the sofa while Namjoon slept on the opposite side of Taehyung, his legs taking the entire space.

"What should I do?" Jungkook mumbled under his breath before staring at the second floor balcony.

Nodding, he walked up the stairs and went to the last room of the corridor. Sliding the door opened, he made his way to the large king-sized bed.

He carefully placed the sleeping girl on the soft mattress before looking around in confusion.

"Arg, right," He remembered Hyejin had brought her comforter downstairs for their movie night.

Back to the living room, Jungkook looked everywhere until his gaze fell down to Taehyung, "Ya, how many blankets do you really need?"

He rolled his eyes and went closer to his friend. He slowly carried Taehyung's arm up and gently pulled the comforter off his grip.

The sleeping buddy shifted in his sleep, causing the youngster to pause for a second. Taehyung went to lay on his back and his soft mumbles stopped.

Jungkook chuckled at his friend's cuteness and finally managed to take the comforter away then went back to Hyejin's room.

He gently placed the big duvet on Hyejin, covering her tiny body instantly, and tucked her in. As he did so, Hyejin slightly shifted in her sleep and hugged the soft fabric against her.

Jungkook watched the scene before him and found himself reaching for the hair that covered half of her face, tucking them behind her ear.

Without even controlling his movements, Jungkook sat down on the bed. His eyes examined her features as the moon showcased them.

She looked so serene.

The words he wanted to say got caught up in his throat. A rush of emotions confused him to the highest point. He was lost and couldn't control anything.

(Hyejin's POV)

I groaned under my breath after the greatest night of sleep I just had. As I opened my eyes, I stretched myself out only to see that I was wearing yesterday's clothes.