Chapter 29 ― An Incredible Doctor

Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

— Dennis P. Kimbro.

Chapter 29

AN INCREDIBLE DOCTOR

•••

Chaeyoung spilled her drink after hearing Hyejin's story for the previous night.

"Excuse me— HE WHAT?!"

Hyejin shushed her before her eyes looked around, embarrassed, as they were both sitting in the Hospital's cafeteria.

"Can you shut up already? I don't want the entire—"

"THERE HE IS." Chaeyoung cut her friend off and stood up to grab Jeno who was passing by their table.

The latter was taken aback. Jeno looked down at his two superiors, blinking in confusion. "Can I help you with anything?"

"Explain yourself!"

"Dr. Park?"

"Chae" Hyejin groaned under her breath in vain.

"Out of all the surgeons in this hospital you had to call Dr. Suh for help and interrupt their intimat—"

"CHAEYOUNG!" Hyejin slapped her bestfriend's arm and shut her instantly. She turned to her right and met Jeno's confused stare, "You can go Dr. Lee and please, tell Dr. Na to meet in Ms. Lim's room for her surgery's explanation."

"Ok?" Jeno tilted his head to the side and Hyejin waved him away, "Oh. Ok."

"What the fuck?" Hyejin yelled quietly while leaning forward on the table.

"What?! You guys were about to kiss and—" Hyejin's face dropped and Chaeyoung immediately lowered her voice, "I mean that you guys are cute, cringy.. but cute!"

"Ok, I get it. Let's just go." Hyejin stood up with her tray with Chaeyoung following from behind and laughing.

The duo started to walk away from the cafeteria and entered the corridor.

"Hyejin! Chaeyoung!"

The girls turned around and their smiles fell into thin lines.

"Jungkook? What's wrong?" Hyejin began, feeling the worry coming from her ex.

"S-soyeon is not feeling good. She stopped talking all of a sudden.." Despair filled his words.

Chaeyoung and Hyejin walked towards their friend and followed him directly to Soyeon's room. Upon seeing the girl lying on the bed, the girls exchanged a look.

Soyeon was lying unconscious on her bed. Her closed eyes were surrounded by dark circles and her skin was abnormally pale.

Instantly, the girls went back into their doctor modes and started dividing tasks between each other. Hyejin went ahead and checked her medical record while Chaeyoung began examining the patient.

"Her pulse seems weak," Chaeyoung declared after placing her fingers on her wrist. In a second, she reached for the stethoscope around her neck.

"Her surgery went perfectly well," Hyejin read Baekhyun's report in her medical record, "Her post-ops seems good as well."