Chapter 42 ㅡ Remorses

A/n: Hey lovelies! So my friend had a dream that I double-updated last night so.. I thought why not fulfilling it?👀

Also, this is my way to apologize for my lack of update the past three days.

Enjoy the chapter!
Love you all.♥️

PL.

•••

We are alone but also together.

—Kim Namjoon.

Chapter 42

REMORSES

•••

A mess. That's what I was.

I watched the rain fall down the glass surface of my window as the Fall season finally submerged. The thin droplets that formed over it amplified the lights coming from the streets.

It was still early in the morning. The sky was filled with clouds covering most of sun rays that used to enlighten our summer days.

For some reason, I loved it. I felt like mother nature was reflecting my own feeling and state at this particular moment.

My mind was oddly blank. I couldn't think of anything. I was just.. empty? Yes, that's the word. I felt empty.

The pain I've been feeling since the very first second I woke up was gone. Or maybe I just got used to it, anyway, it became insignificant.

Nurses would still come every 2 hours to check on my heart rate while other doctors would come to check on my stats.

"Hey Hyejin," Baekhyun entered my room, interrupting my peaceful moment.

"Hi Dr. Kim." As if one doctor wasn't enough, he was accompanied by a student. Jeno, to be more precise.

"How are you feeling today?" He asked.

I kept my eyes fixed on the outside. My brain seemed to be way too lazy to even process a sentence as an answer. So, I just ignored him.

"Ok.. I see that you're still in a great mood." He joked around only to proceed with his examination.

I let them do what they gotta do and within a few minutes, they were done. No words was exchanged in the process and I was totally fine with that.

With a heavy and non-discreet sigh, Baekhyun followed Jeno out of the room. Even with the glass wall separating us, I could still feel them.

Their eyes were on me as if I was some kind of laboratory rat on a path to show some results after a long research. And I could care less.

Their voices.

Despite their obvious failing attempt to be discreet, I could hear them. All of them, actually.

"Is it my fault?"

This one voice belonged to my brother. I used to be able to identify his current emotion just by hearing his voice yet I couldn't right now. Or actually, I didn't want to.