Chapter 19 ― Comeback

Friendship is a reunion of souls from a time when nothing yet was, nor imagined to be.

— Shakieb Orgunwall.

Chapter 19

COMEBACK

•••

"YA, WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME ?!"

Chaeyoung's voice rose up in the hallway following the sound of Hyejin's hand colliding with her right arm.

"YOU TOLD ME YOU WERE COMING BACK TOMORROW"

"THAT'S THE POINT OF A SURPRISE BI—"

"Ok, we'll stop this conversation right there," Jin interrupted the bestfriends' bickering knowing perfectly where it headed to, "Why don't you two go to Hobi's? You don't have any surgery left today, do you?"

Hyejin pouted and shook her head.

"Take your day off, Hyejin. You're not on call tonight either. We'll take care of your patients for the day." Baekhyun offered and the girl refused in a heartbeat.

"We're just gonna grab a coffee, that's—"

"—That's it" Chaeyoung completed her friend's sentence.

The three boys blinked at the perfect synchronization of the duo. Jin leaned to the side, against his friends, creating an intimate line between the three boys.

"When I tell you those two are connected. They are."

"And when you told us they're dedicated to work, they are."

"We can hear you" Once again, they said the same exact words at the same exact time.

"Come back tomorrow, Dr. Kim. I'll take care of your patients." Baekhyun insisted, using his statue of the head of cardio as a way to pressure her.

"Alright then. Thank you. We'll get going then," Hyejin happily locked her arm with her bestfriend's.

"See you all soon! Oh and," Chaeyoung stopped in her track and looked at Jin, "Your greatest partner in crime will join you in two days"

"Be ready to work with the most handsome surgeon in the entire world!" Jin snapped back.

"Well, I'll be the most talented one then."

She winked, leaving the man with his mouth wide opened, and they left.

The girls walked out of the Hospital and it was as if they've been away from each other for years when it's only been a week.

They talked without even taking in breathes. Their feet automatically led their way.

Soon enough, the duo ended up at HOPE Cafe.

Hyejin pushed the door open and Lisa greeted them as soon as they stepped in. It was like she had a movement detector installed in her head.

"Welcome to HOPE Cafe— Hi Dr. Kim!"

"Woah, is she always that energetic?" Chaeyoung chuckled awkwardly.

Hyejin nodded with the same expression on her face before, leaning against the counter, "I told you to call me Hyejin, Lisa"

"Ah— Sorry Hyejin," Lisa smiled back while rubbing the back of her head, "The usual—"

"I HEARD HYEJIN !" Hoseok's voice appeared out of nowhere. The overly energetic man came out of the back and abruptly stopped when he got a sight at the girls sitting by his counter.

"Woah, you guys gotta stop doing things like this or I'll have a heart attack" Hoseok breathed out heavily while holding his hand to his chest.

"Well, good thing we're doctors," Chaeyoung laughed and stood up, walking towards the frozen man, "Hi Hobi oppa"

Hoseok pouted and welcomed the girl into his arms, pulling her into a warm embrace.

Hyejin chuckled and looked at Lisa, feeling bad for the poor girl who ended up being confused again. "Yes, I'll take the usual and make it two please"

"A-Ah, yes, on it!" The waitress held up a thumbs up and disappeared behind the machines.

"Ok, now the family is complete!" Hoseok threw his arms in the air, "Lisa! Same treatment for her, and that's the last one of the list!"

"What treatment? What list?" Chaeyoung tilted her head to the side,

"Just let him be, he won't give in. Everything we take here is free." She lowered her voice for Chaeyoung to here only and Chaeyoung was about to burst out but Hyejin placed her on her shoulder, "No, really. Useless."

"Boss talked a lot about your bond" Lisa shyly joined the conversation, placing the two ceramic cups in front of the girls, "You're the only ones that have all those privileges here except for his bestfriends."

"Thank you" They both took hold of their respective drinks.

Taking a little splash of whipped cream, Chaeyoung looked up with a hint of curiosity,

"What about Lee Soyeon?"

"Chae," Hyejin pushed her leg under the counter.

She shrugged, "What ?! I'm curious"

"Soyeon-ssi? Jungkook-ssi's girlfriend?" Lisa tilted her head to the side.

"Erk," Chaeyoung faked a vomit, "Yes, her"

"Park. Chae. Young." 

"No, not that I remember of," Lisa looked up in the air while folding her fingers down one by one, "Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook.. Kim Hyejin and finally, Park Chaeyoung."

An amused expression made its way to Chaeyoung's face. The latter sipped down her coffee with her pinky up before letting out a sigh of satisfaction.

"Really?" Hyejin chuckled, leaning on the palm of her hand to watch her bestfriend in awe. Chaeyoung shrugged then winked.

"So girls!" Hoseok cheered out after coming back from the back store, "What if we celebrate you guys' comeback tonight?"

"Well, we both work tomorrow.." Chaeyoung started off.

"But we can have injections to eliminate the alcohol..?"

Chaeyoung snapped a finger at her bestfriend followed by a wink, "That's my girl"

"So that's a yes?" Hoseok asked, confused by their doctors talk.

"Of course! What's your plan?"

"Let's go to one of Tae's clubs, Bangtan Bar&Club, our favorite!"

The girls smiled at the news,

"Alright!"

"Yeah!"

Hoseok clapped his hands in excitement, "I can't wait!"

__

A/n: Small chapter to fill in a little bit hihi!☺️