Chapter 40 ㅡ Wake up

A/N: Hey lovelies! As requested, I tried to make my chapter longer but I'm still unsure of the outcome so.. let me know at the end of the chapter? Hihi.

Thank you for all the comments in Chapter 39, I love you all! ♥️

xo,
PL.

•••

Take your hands off of what you can't control, and get your hands on what you can change.

—Min Yoongi.

Chapter 40

WAKE UP

•••

The doctors walked in the room and began examining their patient who's been out of surgery for 3 hours now.

"She should be awake by now." Chaeyoung grunted as she walked around the room in circle, nibbling on her fingers.

"Dr. Park, I'm afraid every patient react differently after a surge—" Jaemin immediately stopped speaking after seeing Chaeyoung's death stare.

Baekhyun watched the small interaction with his eyes going back and forth between the two. He let out a heavy sigh before taking a step away from the patient's bed,

"Her stats are good and Dr. Na is right— But I'm sure you know that already." He cut his sentences short after being the new victim of the girl's gaze.

"Of course I know that. I'm not stupid." She snapped as she made her way to her bestfriend. She gently caressed her head, her hands touching the thick bandage wrapped around it. A soft smile showed up on her face with her eyes slightly twinkling with tears,

"Hey love, it's time to wake up now."

"Good morning my little princess,"

"Hi sweety."

M. Kim and Ms. Kim entered the room with their arms packed with goodies. The older woman made her way to the coffee table and placed a huge flower bouquet down with a soft smile on her face.

"I brought your favourite flowers, some red Lilys. Do you like them?" She arranged them slightly, "It was a pain in the ass to find them but well, you're just like your father, you're complicated."

"You should certainly wake up and teach your mother that this isn't being complicated but rather having taste." M. Kim proudly responded before placing a teddy bear in his daughter's arm, "I brought you Omar. He was getting lonely on your bed. And! Some chocolate."

The married couple smiled at each other as they set everything down. Those smiles were bittersweet. It was as if they were trying to pull up masks to reassure their child when she can't even see them.

The more they watched their kid, the worse it got for them.

"So!" Ms. Kim cheered up a little bit, "What if I read you some stories? Now that you're resting, you can't run away saying you're too old for this!"