Chapter 8 ― An Odd Feeling

Sooner or later we've all got to let go of our past.

— Dan Brown.

⊱Chapter 8⊰

AN ODD FEELING

Flashback.

"Soyeon-ah! Hyejin-ah!"

Chaeyoung screamed on top of her lungs as she sprinted towards her two friends with an exhausted Jimin chasing after her.

"Oh, God. What is it this time?" Hyejin exhaled in amusement.

"Who knows." Soyeon chuckled.

"Tell him I didn't cheat during this Math exam we had last week!"

"She didn't cheat during this Math exam we had last week." Hyejin and Soyeon both stated with an unbothered expression on their faces.

"Of course they'll have your back!" Jimin exclaimed before turning his attention to the girls, "She had an A+! How is that possible!"

"I'm smarter than you, you'll have to get use to it Jimin!"

"Hyejinie!" Jimin placed his hands on the girl's shoulders, "We've been friends for how long now? How can you lie to me?"

"You guys don't put me in your couple fights."

"W-we aren't a c-couple."

"W-what c-couple?!" exclaimed Chaeyoung.

"R-Right ! What couple?!"

"Ya! Why?! Are you ashamed to be assimilated with me?!" Chaeyoung hit Jimin's shoulders.

Hyejin and Soyeon bursted out in laughter upon seeing the two stumble on their words. Hyejin rolled her eyes and turned around, locking her arm with Soyeon's,

"Let's just leave them deal with this."

End of the flashback.

Looking up from her magazine, Hyejin was taken aback by the sight. As she watched the two familiar figures walking towards the counter hand-in-hand, her breath got stuck in her throat.

All of a sudden, the cozy and warm atmosphere now turned awkward and uneasy. While she wanted to act like she didn't see them, her head couldn't turn away.

"Hyejin?"

Soyeon's soft voice called out her name. It took her a couple of seconds to gain her senses back and respond, "Hey Soyeon"

Soyeon used to be Hyejin's bestfriend back in High School. She completed the ultime 3 musketeers trio composed of Hyejin, Chaeyoung and herself. The entire school knew about them, not for being mean or something, but just for being the friendship goal everyone looked up to.