Chapter 22 ― Favourite Person

Yesterday ended last night. Today is a brand-new day.

— Zig Ziglar.

Chapter 22

FAVOURITE PERSON

•••

"That you are the love of my life."

Hyejin felt her heart flutter at the sound of his words. She gulped down as she met his eyes.

Those eyes.. the ones she would've done anything for. They brought her to several years back where Jungkook had eyes for Hyejin and only her. He looked at her in a way that none other did. A look filled with emotions : love, affection, passion.. all of those.

The two ex-lovers found themselves leaning closer to one another until they were only an inch away from each other's face. Their breathes intertwined and their eyes communicated for them.

"Jinie?"

Jin's voice resonated in the hallway after he closed the door behind him.

Hyejin and Jungkook snapped back to reality and pushed themselves away from each other instantly. Hyejin cleared her throat while Jungkook looked away in embarrassment. She pushed her body to the other side of the sofa before responding,

"In the living room oppa!"

Jin followed the direction and walked to the living room. As he was about to switch the lights on, Hyejin immediately voiced her worries,

"NO!" She held her hand up, "I drank too much for this"

Jin laughed at the sound of his sister's drunk voice. His eyes slowly adjusted to the dark and he caught a glimpse at the two sitting on one of the couches.

"Jungkook? What are you doing here?

Jungkook shifted on his seat and cleared his throat, "Ah, Hyejin and Chaeyoung were too drunk so Yoongi hyung told me to bring them home."

Jin nodded and sat on the sofa's arm next to Hyejin. The girl heaved out a sigh and let her head fall on her brother's lap.

"Had a bit too much alcohol?" He asked while stroking the back of her head.

Hyejin pouted and nodded in response, bringing the elder to chuckle, "I'll bring you to your room, let's go."

"No," Hyejin groaned cutely, "Chaeyoung snores when she's drunk."

"Alright then my room it is." Jin completed before standing up. He slid an arm behind Hyejin's body and helped her up, "Kook, can you help me? I'm a bit tired."

It took them a moment to finally set Hyejin down and only a few seconds for her to fall asleep. Jin accompanied Jungkook to the front door and held it open for him,

"Are you sure you don't want to sleep over until the morning?"

Jungkook nodded and brought his hands to his pocket, "Yeah, my uber is here already."

"Alright, text me when you'll be home."

The youngest nodded and waved before walking away,

"Oh and Jungkook."

"Hum?" He turned around on his heels,

"I won't let Hyejin fall into this circle again. I love you both but she's my everything. I hope you understand my words."

Jungkook stared at the elder who's leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed. His facial expression was straight and serious. Jungkook sighed before nodding, "I know hyung. I know."

"Good morning you two."

The male voice rang in the girls' ears and brought nothing but pain to their heads. The duo turned away from the nurses' counter only to see Johnny standing in front of them with a tray full of coffee cups.

"One for you," He grabbed one and held it to Chaeyoung before doing the same to Hyejin, adding on a gentle smile on his face, "And one for you."

"You're my favourite person today." Chaeyoung exhaled a sigh of satisfaction after taking a sip of the hot beverage, "Thank you Johnny."

"Thank you, you're the best."

Chaeyoung blinked repeatedly as she watched Johnny still standing in front of them, devouring Hyejin with his eyes. A smirk made its appearance onto her face while she leaned against the counter,

"Can we help you with anything Dr. Suh?"

"Hum?" The guy snapped back to life and suddenly looked around him, "No, I was just.. looking for Dr.Lee, he's on my service today. Dr. Lee !"

"Unhum."

Chaeyoung nodded in amusement, observing the doctor excessively wave at the intern. He was clearly embarrassed and it amused her. Hyejin tilted her head to the side, her attention going from Johnny to her bestfriend.

"Yes, Dr. Suh?"

"You're on my service today. Let's go"

"Oh? Ok."

"Yeah" Johnny pointed at Jeno for Chaeyoung to see before awkwardly walking away.

"What was that?" Hyejin raised a brow.

"This man flashed on you." Chaeyoung laughed at her bestfriend.

"Oh no, we barely know each other"

"Aw, that makes it even cuter!" Chaeyoung awed at the news and brought her hands to her face, cupping it slightly.

*bip bip bip*

Their pagers rang off.

"Oh, seems like we got to go!" Chaeyoung spoke first and patted Hyejin's shoulder followed by a wink, "Let's go!"

While they made their way down the hallway, someone called out Hyejin's name bringing the girls to look over their shoulder.

"Soyeon?"