Chapter 17 ― Another Day

A/n : Back to present now! Hihi.

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.

— Eleanor Roosevelt.

Chapter 17

ANOTHER DAY

"Why doctors are known to be the calmest?"

Hyejin shrugged after she placed the iPad on the nurses' counter.

"Because they got a lot of patients"

"Oh, that's a good one Dr. Kim" Jeno gave the elder a thumbs up and only praised his ego more.

Hyejin let out a long sigh of disbelief before a laugh came out of her mouth. She shook her head in amusement and walked passed her brother.

"What? Don't you like my joke? Jeno liked it!" Jin followed her with enthusiast.

"He's just being nice so he can assist you in your next surgery" Hyejin snapped and the two boys immediately started talking for themselves, "Anyway, today's the day you're going to Neuro Dr. Lee. You're off my service."

Jin blinked before taking a look over his shoulder, "Then I guess you can go to cardio, Jaemin"

The latter's face lightened up at the news while Jeno's dropped.

"Ya, why are you so sad to be on my team?" Jin frowned, hitting the intern's side.

"I-I'm not," Jeno immediately defended himself.

"I'm with the Shark !" Jaemin exclaimed only to slap his hand on his mouth a second later. His joy got the best of him and he didn't control it before exploding in front of his superiors.

"The shark?"

Hyejin rose a brow. The sudden thought of her conversation with Baekhyun popped up. Her puzzled face turned into a smirk, "So that's my nickname?"

The two interns were shaking on the side as they understood they got caught.

"So?"

Hyejin asked Jaemin with her arms crossed and the youngster instantly nodded his head.

"Why?" She asked out of curiosity, taking advantage of the situation.

"B-because you're so fast and efficient at the same time."

And now it was Hyejin's turn to feed her ego. She felt power lifting up her shoulders.

"What about me? What's my nickname?" Jin stepped in only to get the interns to shrugged even though they knew the answer.

"Why won't you tell me?" Jin's eyes went from an intern to the other, "You, Jeno, tell me."

The youngster ignored Jin's words and grabbed an iPad to read.

"Oh, that means it's bad." Hyejin laughed and Jin started speaking in an incomprehensive way and before it got worse, Hyejin turned around, "Let's go Dr. Na!"

Jeno took the opportunity and left the head of neurosurgery behind and went ahead to check his postops.

"YA DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THAT" Jin shouted.

The entire department stopped what they were doing and stared at the tall doctor in the middle of the room. The latter felt the eyes and looked around him before embarrassment took over him. He awkwardly rubbed the back of his head while nodding uncountable time,

"Sorry"

It was a quiet day at the Hospital, which wasn't such a good news to the doctors. In fact, they were all bored. Interns and residents were all resting on abandoned beds in the corridors, swinging their legs and talking.

Hyejin and Baekhyun just finished a round in their department and were now walking around the Hopistal, talking about random things until they got a glimpse at the students.

The youngsters didn't even notice their superiors as they went on with their discussion.

"Dr. Jung is so hot, I can't even concentrate on the patient when he's in the room"

"Dr. Suh is some boyfriend material I can't even deal with."

"Are you kidding me ? Have you seen Dr. Kim Seokjin?"

"His sister is even hotter" And they all hummed together, including the girls, in agreement.

Hyejin felt her saliva block in her throat at the sound of her interns' thoughts about her.

"No but Dr. Byun though.. He can examine my heart whenever he wants"

Baekhyun cleared his throat as he had enough of hearing them pickering about the staff, "Don't you guys have stuff to do?"

All the students' heads snapped towards the right only to see the two attendings standing tall. Their unbothered expressions made them freeze in place. Hyejin rose a brow,

"So?"

"W-we are done with the round and there isn't new patients yet—"

"You guys are students so be like it and go study. Read some book or something." Hyejin cut her off and without even thinking twice, the group dispersed.

As soon as they were all out of sight, Hyejin met Baekhyun's eyes and the two bursted out in laughter. Now that they both knew their nicknames, they tried harder to maintain them and this situation was a perfect example.

"So Dr. Park said you could examine her heart anytime," Hyejin teased her colleague, pushing his side a little.

"And you're hotter than Jin? He better not hear about it or he'll go crazy" He added and the two went back to laughing again.

"What's so funny? I wanna join"

An unknown voice joined. The duo turned around and a young man stood before them. Hyejin gasped at how beautiful the guy looked. By the sight of his dark grey blouse, he was an attending too.

"Oh, Johnny"

"Hey, what's up hyung?"

The two casually greeted each other and Baekhyun noticed the girl standing by herself, "Oh sorry. Hyejin, this is Dr. Suh YoungHo, pediatric."

"Call me Johnny," He started after which he held out his hand for a handshake, "You must be Jin hyung's sister. I've heard a lot about you"

"Hopefully it's positive"

Her comment made him chuckle and he nodded, "It was."

Before they could go on with their discussion, their pagers biped for the first time today. While Baekhyun immediately rushed to the ER, Johnny looked up from his pager and shot a smile at the girl,

"I guess we'll get to know each other later"