Chapter 38 ㅡ Weakness

A/n: Hey loves, it is a pretty long chapter so set yourself comfortably and be ready for.. Arg, you'll see yourself!

+Thank you so much for 17.2k views and 1.1k votes, like wow! I love you all so dearly.

Ok, now, enjoy the chapter!

PL.

•••

You don't need to try so hard. It's ok to lose sometimes.

—Min Yoongi.

Chapter 38

WEAKNESS

•••

"I still love you, Hyejin.."

The words split out of Jungkook's mouth so smoothly, it was as if he really meant them.

I sat down by his side with my legs crossed together. As I was recalling his words in my head, my eyes were completely lost in his. I couldn't say a word. Not even a single one.

As a doctor, I've learnt to put my emotion aside; to completely shut everything in me down so it won't infect my work. However, I have to admit it. He's my weakness. He can pull every strings that are linked to my body and they'll move along.

It was just a teenagers love story. That's what I tell people when they ask about him. I hide behind the idea of being young, not knowing exactly what true love is and, more importantly, not knowing much about life itself.

Are teenager-love stories supposed to last long when we still have decades to live, to discover the meaning of things, the purpose of our paths?

Is this kind of love really important when you barely know anything at all?

Well, I am the living proof that despite all those thoughts, it is. I've spent seven years living my life, building up my personality, my career; yet I'm still weak in front of him. I'm still weak for his words, for his eyes, for his smile, for his voice. The only mention of his name brings back memories I fight to shove away.

"Say something please.." He traced his finger down my right cheek, sending shivers down my spine. "I've tried so hard to forget you. I've dated God knows how many girls but none of them made me feel like you did."

Another hit was thrown to my chest. I tried to forget too. I always thought it was easy, that I succeeded. Even seeing him these days made me think I did it since I was pretty good at it, yet there I was thinking otherwise.