Chapter Thirty Nine

We were allowed to leave our last lesson early so we could watch from the front of the castle when the delegations arrived from the other wizarding schools in the tournament, Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

"Weasley, straighten your tie," McGonagall was fretting as everyone lined up at the front of the hall. Ron Weasley, who she was addressing, pulled a face and reluctantly straightened his tie, only to loosen it when McGonagall wasn't looking, "Goldstein, tuck your shirt in. Honestly, do you want the other schools thinking you're a mess?"

Emmy rolled her eyes and tucked her shirt in but only at the front and grumbled something about not giving a damn what the other schools thought of her.

"How are they even getting here, anyway?" Emmy grumbled as she fidgeted with her shirt and ended up untucking the whole thing.

"Not sure," I said thinking about how difficult it must be to transport a whole school, "Do you think they'll take the train like we do?"

"That's only how we get to our school," Maddie pointed out, "And Hogwarts is the only school in the UK. A train seems unlikely."

"Where are they even coming from?" Emmy asked, still in a mood from earlier.

"Well Beauxbatons is located in France but people from all over western Europe go there, and no one knows for sure where Durmstrang is located for sure but most of its students are Eastern European," Maddie spouted as Emmy and I gaped at her, "But I've heard both of them accept international students."

"How do you know so much?" I asked, a little in awe of her actually. Maddie went pink having been asked.

"I wanted to make a good impression when they arrived..."

"If they arrive," Emmy countered, "We've been standing out here for ages and it's getting cold. Why couldn't they have arrived in the morning, and then we could have had the whole day off!"

"I doubt McGonagall would have let us have the whole day off," Maddie said, shaking her head slightly as Emmy.

"Nah, you're right," Emmy said and Maddie looks as if she's seen a genuine miracle, "She kept harping on about how important it was to be revising ahead of our exams. I swear I missed the entire lesson because she was just telling me that I should have started revising already."

"Look!" a very excited second year student called out suddenly, "Look, there in the sky!"

Everyone's heads craned to see where the second year student was pointing.

"Are they on broomsticks?" I wondered as I searched the sky to see what was approaching.

"No, look," Maddie said, a massive smile on her face.

I followed where Maddie was pointing and saw something much bigger than a broomstick emerge from behind a cloud.

"Is it a dragon?" someone shouted and the people around them laughed.