Chapter Forty

The next day was a weekend which gave everyone wanting to enter plenty of time to submit their names to the cup

The next day was a weekend which gave everyone wanting to enter plenty of time to submit their names to the cup. Emmy, Maddie and I spent all day lounging around in the great hall, watching people as they put their names into the cup.

Maddie was sat in a corner, reading the required passages in the Transfiguration textbook and finishing off her charms homework. To pass the time, Emmy and I had come up with a game to play. As each person submitted their name to the cup we would rate their chances of being named champion.

"Hmmm...7 out of 10," Emmy said as a girl from Durmstrang placed her name in the cup, "Cause of those biceps."

"Why not 10 out of 10 then?"

"Cause she clearly skips leg day."

"Oh look!" I said pointing to the entrance as Kevin and Cedric, surrounded by a gaggle of other Hufflepuff's, came into the hall and approached the cup.

Cedric, who was basically pushed into the age ring, smiled at me half nervously half excitedly as he put his name in the cup. I smiled back encouragingly and clapped along with everyone else.

Kevin was next to step into the age ring and confidently submitted his own name. He too caught my and dropped his name in the cup whilst maintaining and unusual amount of eye contact with me. I saw Emmy smirking from the corner of my eye.

"What?" I asked and she shrugged, still smirking.

"Nothing...4 out of 10."

"For who," I asked, "Cedric or Kevin?"

"Both."

Mine and Emmy's game was interrupted as the twins sauntered in looking incredibly cocky.

"What's up with you?" Emmy asked, "You're looking weirdly...not weird."

Fred, George and Lee stopped in front of us, all of them grinning.

"We did it," George said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Did what?" Emmy asked impatiently, turning her hand to get them to get to the point.

"We finished our plan," Lee said, grinning from ear to ear.

"And that is-"

"An aging potion!" Fred said smugly, "Took it this morning."

"One drop each," George added as if that were a brag. Emmy and I stared blankly at him. Maddie slammed her Transfiguration textbook down on the floor.

"That's your plan? It is so reckless and- and- unfair!" Maddie rambled, folding her arms indignantly across her chest.

"Needless to say, Maddie's not impressed," Emmy teased. Maddie scowled, "So what if they want a shot at the tournament. I'm kind of wishing I came up with a plan to enter."