Chapter Twenty

The Easter holidays were over far too quickly and before I knew it we were back to lessons

The Easter holidays were over far too quickly and before I knew it we were back to lessons. The only good thing that came with the new term was that we were back to playing quidditch. The whole school was buzzing over the next Gryffindor vs Slytherin match. It was the last match of the year and would determine whether Gryffindor would win the cup. I wasn't sure if the whole school actually was talking about it but Emmy certainly was. And she more than made up for the whole school. She couldn't half talk.

Although as it turned out, Emmy's non-stop quidditch talk was a blessing in disguise. She didn't stop talking quidditch all the way through defense against the dark arts. It certainly took my mind off...some things.

"Allie? You listening?" Emmy was saying as I was beginning to zone out in defense against the dark arts, "I've been talking quidditch for half an hour and you haven't said a single word. Is something wrong with you? The match is this afternoon! How are you not pumped?"

"Yeah, you have been weirdly quiet, Allie," Maddie agreed, "And I rarely agree with Emmy."

"Why do you have to say that every time you agree with me?" Emmy said indignantly, cocking her head to one side and brandishing her quill at Maddie.

"Because I hate agreeing with you and want to make sure people know it rarely happens."

"What people?"

"Anyone who happens to hear."

"Allie, you're zoned out again!"

"What?" I said, snapping back into the conversation to find both Emmy on my right and Maddie on my left staring at me.

"What's going on with you?" Emmy asked, eyebrows arched.

"You okay?" Maddie said, sounding much more sincere than Emmy.

"I'll tell you later," I whispered upon noticing that Professor Lupin had realised we were talking through his lesson, "In private," I added, just for good measure.

*

That afternoon Allie and Maddie go to watch Emmy and the Gryffindor vs Slytherin match- Gryffindor get an early lead but then Slytherin start cheating

I dragged Maddie down with me to watch the quidditch match by pointing out that we should support Emmy and the twins. Maddie only agreed to go to support Emmy though, adding she hasn't spoken two words to the twins who probably don't know she exists anyway. I was just pleased I managed to get her to come to a quidditch match.

"A nice, clear throw up of the quaffle by Hooch there and the game's begun!" Lee Jordan announced as the game began.

"And Johnson gains possession of the quaffle. What a player! Ladies and gents, Angelina Johnson there. She's almost reached the posts and comes face to face with Slytherin keeper, he's a brute of a boy, it's Bletchley." Lee rambled, "But he's no match for our Johnson as she scores effortlessly. Says something about the skill of the Slytherin's, eh?"