Chapter Seventeen

"I have never been more angry in my life," Emmy rambled, slamming her books down on the table and pouring herself the biggest bowl of cereal

Maddie and I were sat opposite her and watched, spoons half raised and waited for what she was going to do next. Everyday with Emmy was like watching a sitcom.

"Ever since they replaced the fat lady with Sir Cadogan I swear the password has changed 36 times!" She shouted and stuffed her mouth with cereal, "36!"

"And it's so confusing that," she said, pausing to swallow her cereal, "That little Neville guy had to write them all down just so he could get back in. And you know what happened?"

"I'm not even going to ask, she's going to tell us anyway," I said, turning to Maddie.

"I wonder how long it will take before she-" Maddie began but was, oh so expectedly, cut off by Emmy.

"He lost the list and Sirius Black found it and Cadogan was so dumb he let in a mass murderer!" Emmy huffed and slammed her hand on the table, making her bowl lurch and milk slop down the side and onto the table, "Neville's the reason I had to sleep on the floor."

"I think Sirius Black was the actual reason but okay," Maddie said with a casual shrug. I had to purse my lips to keep myself from laughing. Emmy was glaring at her and I didn't want to have to deal with an angry Emmy this early in the morning.

"You know, I thought you'd be angrier about this," I said sarcastically. Emmy shook her head at me and sighed deeply before shovelling more cereal into her mouth.

"Very funny," she spluttered through her full mouth, "At least now Cadogan's been fired and the fat lady's agreed to come back. They had to bribe her with security trolls though. It's a nightmare getting past those every morning I can tell you."

Before Emmy could complain anymore, Kevin slid down along the bench to join us.

"Yo, Allie," He said, leaning on the table next to Emmy and then sitting up straight when he noticed that Emmy had spilt milk everywhere and it was getting on his robes, "Cedric's booked the pitch for this weekend before the match against Ravenclaw. We're going to practice 9 til 5 and by the end of it we're going to be competent." He said, pausing before saying 'competent'. I honestly thought he was going to say something a little better.

"I can't..." I sighed, grimacing and bracing myself for Kevin's overly-dramatic reaction.

Kevin sharply breathed in and leant back, blinking twice and then leaning across the table to stare at me intensely.

"You're kidding, right?"

"I have detention," I said softly, waiting for him to overreact again.

"What?!"

And there it was.

"With who? Want me to get revenge?" He said, genuinely serious about his offer. I had to laugh.