Chapter 31: Girl Talk

The next day, I rested on my bed when I heard a soft knock on the door.

Slowly and carefully I got up from my bed.

I walked towards my bedroom door, hoping that it was anyone but Donovan.

Until I knew what the cause of my sickness was, he was the last person I wanted to see.

"Who is it?!" I called out.

"Is me girl, Ava. Can I come in?" She asked.

"Obviously!" I playfully rolled my eyes at her when I saw she poked her head through the door. She then entered the room with some CVS bags, smiling at me.

"I hope I didn't come back too late, but it was quite a lot of people checking out at the CVS line. But the crazy thing is they only one cashier available behind the counter but when there's barely anybody there like three cashiers are available," She sighed at the thought, making me laugh a bit.

"Wow that's crazy, but anyways were you able to get the stuff I needed?" I asked, sitting slowly up from my bed.

"Yeah of course. I've got you some medicine in case you have the flue-"

"In case? I think it's mostly is the flu," I raised a brow, masking my emotions but I wasn't sure myself.

"Yeah in case the second outcome is that you are pregnant," She pulled out a pregnancy test from the CVS shopping bag, making me blush in embarrassment.

Even though Ava and I have grown close during my stay here as a maid, I wouldn't want anyone to know if I was pregnant.

Especially since it was none of their business who the father of the baby was which just so happened to live next bedroom to me.

"Pregnant? Why would I be pregnant when I know I'm not," I lied, hoping she would believe me.

"Really, you are?" She asked.

"Yes," I nodded my head and looked away shyly.

"Well geez sorry girl. Maybe some other maid may need this pregnancy test then," She shrugged her shoulders, placing it back inside the bag.

"Actually can you leave it so I can be sure," I said, quietly and she nodded her head understanding as she sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Mia, you don't have to be shy about taking a pregnancy test since no matter if you are or not pregnant, your secret is safe with me," She held my hand in hers and looked at me as she smiled sincerely.

"Thank you, but what about you telling me Chelsea business about who she was messing with?" I asked.

"Well Chelsea and I have a complicated relationship, I consider myself to be closer to you than her," She said, making nod my head in understanding.

"Well I understand and since we knew each for a short while, I'm so happy that I met you sooner than never in my life," I laugh a bit and she did also.

"And I haven't told anyone this before, but one time I honestly thought I was pregnant after messing around with my good for nothing ex," She sighed.

"Wait really?" I place a strand of my hair behind my ear.

"Um yeah since I was madly in love with him then thinking maybe he could change if I give a chance this time or that time, but I sure learn the hard way that once a cheater is always a cheater," She sighed.

"I'm sorry you two didn't work out but was you pregnant?" I asked, curiously.

"Luckily no. I'm honestly am happy to dodge a bullet with having a child with an immature man. I mean I love having kids someday, but now it's like I have the chance to date completely more carefully and settled down with a man that is responsible. But that's like in the far future," She waved her hand nonchalantly.

"Well, I hope it all works out for you and you are a great catch for any guy that ends up with you," I smiled and she did the same.

"And you too," She replied, "so with the medicine and the pregnancy test, which one do you want to take first?" She asked.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst