Chapter 37: The Contract

When I opened the door, I was surely right since I saw Donovan who had an unreadable facial expression.

"Hey what's up?" I asked, nervously hoping he wanted to make our meeting to be short and brief since I wanted to get back quickly to watching some Netflix with Ava.

"So, with being that we haven't seen each other personally in over a week, all you have to say is what's up?" He asked in disbelief.

"Well yeah," I looked back to make sure Ava didn't hear anything and so luckily, she didn't, "and is there something you wanted to see me for?" I asked, reluctantly hoping it was for his usual visits.

"Ugh yeah, I wanted us to spend some personal time together, and are you even too busy to see me now!" He said, angrily through gritted teeth which made me jump a bit.

"Calm down," I placed my hand on his chest, stepping outside my bedroom, closing my door behind me. I then made sure it was only us in the hallway which sure enough it was, "look we need to talk, and it can't be in my bedroom since Ava is there," I replied, as he closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Fine we can privately meet in another guest room that is down this way," He said, placing his hands on my lower hand on my back. He then led us to the vacant guest room which was next door to mine.

As he stepped inside to turn on the light, I followed behind him and was still nervous since it was just us alone in this room.

Once he closed the door behind him, he did not waste any time before he rushed towards me to kiss me, heatedly but before it got intense, I pushed him away.

"Wait we really need to talk like now," I spoke.

"Fine, what do you want to talk about?" He rolled his eyes, waiting impatiently for me to speak again.

"Well my pregnancy-"

"What do you mean by a pregnancy? I thought you were taking birth control pills to prevent pregnancy in the first place!" He shouted, angrily.

"Woah calm down since I'm not even pregnant anyway-"

"Well, that's great to know since even though there is a low chance of me getting a woman pregnant it still could happen. But I don't want to have kids at all so what's the point of this conversation then?" He asked annoyed.

"Ugh, for a few days now I've been dealing with a pregnancy scare since I thought there was a chance of me being pregnant since I recklessly was living my life and not thinking of the consequences," I shook my head at being an irresponsible person.

"Well, is great to know you are not otherwise our contract would have been over," He said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You know the contract you signed with me when you were hired...if you would have taken time to read all of the terms and conditions then it simply stated that if you get pregnant the contract and your benefits from me will be terminated," He informed me.

"Wow I didn't know that- "

"Which further meant that I will no longer want to mess around with you unless of course, you terminated the pregnancy then perhaps we could start afresh, but that depends on how much I like you afterward-"

"What that sounds crazy!" I spoke since how could anyone continue their wrongful relationship after almost bringing a baby into this world was beyond me.

"No, it sounds logical to me. And since you are not pregnant now then I would love for us to continue where we left off," He smirked, but before he could move closer to me, I moved away.

"I'm sorry, but I don't want to continue our relationship since I literally almost got pregnant, and is best if we just stayed apart from each other," I spoke in a final tone which made Donovan extremely displeased with me.

"Is unbelievable that a nobody like yourself is telling me who is a well-known billionaire around the world that they no longer want to be with me," He chuckled harshly at the thought which instantly made my blood boil since honestly who did he think he was.

Because he had stinky money to flaunt around like it was nothing, did not mean he was better than me or anyone else, but I blamed myself for even messing around with a married man.

"Well, that was rude," I spoke, feeling offended by his response.

"Well, sweetheart it is the truth. So, if you do not want to continue our relationship then fine since I was getting bored with you anyway. You will be replaced just like the many others who decided to foolishly live-in poverty than the wealth I can give them," He replied, getting up from the bed and headed towards the bedroom door.

"Well, I'm glad to know that since is better if I just leave," I spoke, timidly.

"Mia, do you what you have to do because I honestly don't care," He said in a final tone as he faced his back towards me.

As seconds of silence passed between jus, he left me alone in the room.

"Jerk," I muttered the word underneath my breath.

Even though I ended things between Donovan and me, I was glad I saved a lot of money while working here.

At the moment, I promised myself to never deal with guys like Donovan since they were a cold and cruel heartless bastard which nothing good came out of dealing with them.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst