Chapter 38: Decisions

"He really said that." Ava said.

"Yes since I told him that I wasn't pregnant, so he said I was free to leave," I said, quietly.

"I think you should leave to start afresh since this place isn't the right fit for you. I want to see you do better than being a house maid. Besides with the news of pregnancy he says that to every maiden since his wife is crazy over him," She warned me and I nodded my head at her.

"I guess I will leave here since I don't want any drama with the wife or to get really pregnant by him," I sighed.

I thought of who I could stay with and figured it would be best to just stay with my cousin, Sarah.

"I actually was pregnant by Donovan one time," Ava said, shockingly.

"Really?! Why are you still here?" I asked her.

"I got an abortion at the time which looking back on it now I wished I had kept the baby especially when the father was rich," She said with regrets.

"I can't believe you and him slept together," I said.

"Well I was younger and irresponsible then but now I just keep to myself. I think you should avoid this place at all cost since is getting quite slutty if you ask me," She smirked.

"But he's married when you said you wished you kept the baby," I reminded her.

"And so what? You slept with him despite the fact and you two can still date if you want," She said, "that's if you don't mind sharing him with other women. At the time I didn't mind since I was his top choice," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Yes I do mind now since I've been thinking about looking into a more stable living. I know I was only here for like a month, I saved a lot of money for an apartment," I smiled when Ava stared at me for a moment too long.

"I won't tell anyone about you and Donovan," She replied and my heart skipped a beat.

"You better not since I want to leave in peace," I said, quietly. I then looked around the room to see if leaving her was really a good choice.

Seconds later, I figured it would be a better choice since this place seemed a bit dysfunctional.

"So what do you want to do now?" Ava asked.

"I guess pack up my stuff," I sighed.

"Wow really?" She asked.

"Yeah really. I just want to start afresh by getting my own place to live," I sighed.

Suddenly, I felt the need to throw up. I quickly ran to the bathroom and threw up in the toilet. My stomach was doing turns and hurt a bit.

I had no idea about the food I could have eaten to make me suddenly feel queasy.

"Are you okay?" Ava asked.

"Yeah fine-" I looked up only to see Donovan behind Ava, staring intently at me.

"Could you leave us alone for a moment," Donovan said behind Ava which made her jump a bit as she was scared.

She then turned around and breathed in relief to see it was Mr. Donovan.

"Sure," She smiled at Donovan, "ugh I'll be in my room if you need me. I guess just text me," She smiled at me and I did the same.

Once she left, I spoke.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I'm sorry for being a jerk earlier," He lowered his tone as he looked around the room to make sure no one was listening.

He then closed the bathroom door behind him.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes...I really like you a lot and would be sad to see you go, but my wife can't find out about my affairs. And definitely not know if I knocked up a random girl since she herself is not fertile within our marriage,". He sighed as he wet a towel and wiped it on my forehead, "I care a lot about you and consider you as one of my favorite girls," He said, intently which made me look shyly away from him.

"Thanks, but I still have to think about my next moves here," I said, quietly.

I realized that we were perhaps a mistake since I wanted a monogamous relationship not an open one.

But since I wasn't pregnant, I had a clean slate to set things right by moving away from this polygamous place. 

© 2021. All Rights Reserved 2021 Punkxst