Chapter 34: Doctor's Office

Since last night I could not completely get my mind off from going to the clinic today, I decided to freshen up and ease my mind by watching some of my favorite shows off Netflix.

I still had some time left before leaving out with Ava since she texted that she would be ready in a few hours' time.

I decided to settle on watching the latest episode of Black Thunder which was indeed my favorite superhero tv show to pass by the time.

It was short of cheesy a few times, but still entertaining, I thought as settled once more on my bed.

While I laughed watching tv, I heard my phone went off from the recent text message I got. I sighed when I saw that it was Ava.

She texted to let me know that Chelsea agreed for us to use her car as long as we drove safely and not get a scratch on her car," I rolled my eyes at the last thought the sounded like something Chelsea would have said.

I texted back with an okay and continued to watch some Netflix. Soon time passed by and it was pass ten o'clock when a someone knock on my door.

"Hold on!" I shouted out and expected to see Ava which of course it was when I opened the door.

"Hey...are you ready yet..." She looked at my current attire and saw that I was not yet.

"Um yes in a minute," I said, closing to the door so I could place on my outfit for today.

I decided to place on a pair of great sweatpants and hoodie since today was a meh kind of day for me.

I did not feel like getting too dress up since I was going to the doctor's office anyway.

After a moment, I met up with Ava who was waiting patiently for me in the hallway.

I wondered how she could still smile at a time I was distressed, but of course I would not expect any differently when I was the one facing my own mess.

"Welp let's go," She said, as she leads us to outside where the newly cleaned and shiny Chelsea car was parked.

I went to the passenger's side and seconds later got in after Ava unlocked the passenger seat door.

Once we settled inside, Ava turned on the engine and we drove towards the clinic.

***

The clinic was a private clinic that was sort of small and was located on the outskirts of town.

It was nothing like my hometown hospital that I was more used to back home, where the receptionist was more plastic than the purified water dispenser.

However, here there was no openness, no space, nothing shines or has the smell of disinfectant.

Instead the way was a long hallway so narrow that if a wheelchair or trolley were to come to other end of the hallway, I'd have to dip into a side room to let it go by.

The walls were once painted, I could tell that from the cream flakes that remained even though it mostly showed the grey undercoat or perhaps the concrete beneath that.

The floor was uneven from so much traffic with both feet and wheels and it was darker than a mausoleum.

The air was nice still and surprisingly there was no hand sanitizers on the walls.

From ahead come muffled voices, some from people being displeased with their service.

I bite down on my lip since I became more nervous than before and hoped this was a legit place.

But even so, Ava ensured me that none one really knew of this place since the other maids went to a popular hospital that was further in the city.

Well no matter who came, I just hoped I did not see someone I knew here out of all places. I spoke after Ava lead me to sign in and we went to wait in the patient line.

"Well that's fine, I just can't wait to get this whole ordeal over with," I said, placing on my hoodie as I walked towards the first desk and saw the registerer there.

Being that she was busy, attending to other patients I waited patiently until it was my turn to be attended.

"Hello, how are you two doing?" She smiled.

"Good," I spoke as Ava nodded her head.

"Well, how can I help you?" She asked.

"I would like to have a checkup for a sonogram-"

"I completely understand, and I need a proof of identity to make copy of it," She replied, holding out her hand.

© 2020. All Rights Reserved 2020 Punkxst